1 In the twenty-fifth year of our exile, at the beginning of the year, on the tenth of the month, in the fourteenth year after the fall of the city—on that very day the … 2 The Lord said to the man clothed in linen, “Go in among the wheels beneath the cherubim. 1 In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God. New International Version (NIV), This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory, S 2Ki 3:15; Isa 8:11; Eze 3:14, 22; 8:1; 33:22; 37:1; 40:1, Eze 10:5; 43:2; Da 10:6; Rev 1:15; 14:2; 19:6, NIV, Chronological Study Bible: Holy Bible, New International Version, NIV, Story of Jesus: Experience the Life of Jesus as One Seamless Story, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Luke, Comfort Print, NIV, Beautiful Word Bible Journal, Romans, Comfort Print, NIV, Biblical Theology Study Bible, Comfort Print: Follow God’s Redemptive Plan as It Unfolds throughout Scripture. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the. In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the … Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. 7 Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. # 41:1 One Hebrew manuscript and Septuagint; most Hebrew manuscripts side, the width of the tent 2 The entrance was ten cubits # 41:2 That is, about 18 feet or about 5.3 meters wide, and … 1 Then the man brought me to the main hall and measured the jambs; the width of the jambs was six cubits # 41:1 That is, about 11 feet or about 3.2 meters; also in verses 3, 5 and 8 on each side. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking. (Q) 11 Such were their faces. (N) 8 Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. 26 Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne(AH) of lapis lazuli,(AI) and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. Will you judge this city of bloodshed? Used by Permission of Biblica, Inc.® All rights reserved worldwide. and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. 1 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, how is the wood of a vine different from that of a branch from any of the trees in the forest? Do they make pegs from it to hang things on? When I saw it, I fell facedown,(AO) and I heard the voice of one speaking. When they stood still, they lowered their wings. (P), 10 Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a human being, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal. Home / Read the Bible / New International Version / Ezekiel / Chapter 1. Ezekiel’s Inaugural Vision. When the days of your siege come to an end, burn a third of the hair inside the city. 3 Then take an iron pan, place it as an iron wall between you and the city and turn your face toward it. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved. (K) In appearance their form was human,(L) 6 but each of them had four faces(M) and four wings. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. 3 Is wood ever taken from it to make anything useful? When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of rushing waters, like the voice of the Almighty. Your altars will be demolished and your incense altars will be smashed; and I will slay your … . “Son of man, will you judge her? In the thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the … Take a … 15 As I looked at the living creatures,(W) I saw a wheel(X) on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. (G), 4 I looked, and I saw a windstorm(H) coming out of the north(I)—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Cite This Page: Blue Letter Bible. 2 I looked, and I saw a figure like that of a man. Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. Ezekiel 1:3. New International Version In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God. 1 “Now, son of man, take a block of clay, put it in front of you and draw the city of Jerusalem on it. 2 Jan 2021. Fill your hands with burning coals from among the cherubim and scatter them over the city.” And as I watched, he went in. New International Version; Ezekiel; Chapter 1; Read the Bible New International Version Ezekiel 1:4. 14 The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning.(V). The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. In contrast to various other prophets Ezekiel has not been criticised as much. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory(AN) of the Lord. Copyright © 2019 by Zondervan. 2 Then lay siege to it: Erect siege works against it, build a ramp up to it, set up camps against it and put battering rams around it. In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the … Ezekiel’s Inaugural Vision 1In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God. 20 Wherever the spirit would go, they would go,(AB) and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. 23 Under the vault their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each had two wings covering its body. Each one went straight ahead. I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light. Contextual Overview 1 In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. 17 As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction(Z) as the creatures went. The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like torches. (AK) 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow(AL) in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.(AM). Ezekiel 1:5. I said, "O Sovereign LORD, you alone know." The Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.®. 1 In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God.. 2 On the fifth of the month—it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin— 3 the word of the Lord came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, by the Kebar River in the land of the Babylonians. In appearance their form was human. They each had two wings(R) spreading out upward, each wing touching that of the creature on either side; and each had two other wings covering its body. Bible > Ezekiel > Chapter 24 > Verse 1 ... New International Version In the ninth year, in the tenth month on the tenth day, the word of the LORD came to me: King James Bible ... Ezekiel 1:2 In the fifth day of the month, which was the fifth year of king Jehoiachin's captivity, He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, by the Kebar River in the land of the Babylonians. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. Bible > Ezekiel > Chapter 1 > Verse 1 Ezekiel 1:1 Parallel Verses. Learn More About New International Version. 24 When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of rushing(AE) waters, like the voice(AF) of the Almighty,[b] like the tumult of an army. 19 When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. 4 And after it is thrown on the fire as fuel and the fire burns both ends and chars the middle, is it then useful … Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went. 25 Then there came a voice from above the vault over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, without turning as they went. 12 Each one went straight ahead. Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. King James Bible Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked something like a vault, sparkling like crystal, and awesome. Each one went straight ahead; they did not turn as they moved. 2 On the fifth of the month—it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin(E)— 3 the word of the Lord came to Ezekiel(F) the priest, the son of Buzi, by the Kebar River in the land of the Babylonians. All four of them had faces and wings. 2 On the fifth of the month—it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin— 3 the word of the Lord came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, by the Kebar River in the land of the Babylonians. The word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, you are living among a rebellious people. (O) All four of them had faces and wings, 9 and the wings of one touched the wings of another. 1 I looked, and I saw the likeness of a throne of lapis lazuli above the vault that was over the heads of the cherubim. Then confront her with … In chapters 16 and 23, he paints almost obscene sexually graphic images. 1996-2021. Ezekiel 8 New International Version (NIV) Idolatry in the Temple. As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. Ezekiel’s Inaugural Vision 1 In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles(A)by the Kebar River,(B)the heavens were opened(C)and I saw visions(D)of God. All rights reserved worldwide. 8 In the sixth year, in the sixth month on the fifth day, while I was sitting in my house and the elders of Judah were sitting before me, the hand of the Sovereign Lord came on me there. Ezekiel 1:1-28 Ezekiel’s Inaugural Vision 1 In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I … Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it. Ezekiel 1. 18 Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes(AA) all around. 21 When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.(AC). 15 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, how is the wood of a vine different from that of a branch from any of the trees in the forest? and the wings of one touched the wings of another. Ezekiel Ezekiel in Babylon. (S) 13 The appearance of the living creatures was like burning coals(T) of fire or like torches. Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. 1 In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God. The creatures sped back and forth like flashes of lightning. Such were their faces. 3 Is wood ever taken from it to make anything useful? The center of the fire looked like glowing metal, 1 In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by … Do they make pegs from it to hang things on? 22 Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked something like a vault,(AD) sparkling like crystal, and awesome. Jerusalem as a Useless Vine. Ezekiel 1 New International Version (NIV) Ezekiel’s Inaugural Vision. like the tumult of an army. Then there came a voice from above the vault over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. On the fifth of the month—it was the fifth year of the exile of King Jehoiachin—. Either the first should end with the words, "This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord," Ezekiel 1:28; or the first verse of this chapter should be added to the preceding, and this begin with the second verse. but each of them had four faces and four wings. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning(U) flashed out of it. "The Major Prophet Ezekiel 1 - (NIV - New International Version)." (AJ) 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Bible > NIV > Ezekiel 15 Ezekiel 15 New International Version: Par Jerusalem as a Useless Vine. As he spoke, the Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet, and I heard him speaking to me. They each had two wings spreading out upward, each wing touching that of the creature on either side; and each had two other wings covering its body. Blue Letter Bible. Ezekiel, a priest-turned-prophet, during the time of the Babylonian takeover and captivity of the land of Judah, wrote this 48-chapter book during the sixth century BC. He was a contemporary of other major prophets such as Daniel and Jeremiah, and minor prophets such as … Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around. Study the Bible New International Version Ezekiel 1:13. It will be under siege, and you shall besiege it. 1 In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles(A) by the Kebar River,(B) the heavens were opened(C) and I saw visions(D) of God. In chapter 1, Ezekiel describes strange "living creatures" carrying a "likeness of the image of the glory of the Lord." Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. Fire moved back and forth among the creatures; it was bright, and lightning flashed out of it. In my thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God. [a] There the hand of the Lord was on him. NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. Ezekiel 1:15-21 This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. The book of Ezekiel (= he will be strengthened of God; some Bible editions Ezechiel according to the Latin Vulgate) bears the name of its author who is mentioned twice in this book (Ezekiel 1:3; Ezekiel 24:24). 16 This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz,(Y) and all four looked alike. (AG) When they stood still, they lowered their wings. The center of the fire looked like glowing metal,(J) 5 and in the fire was what looked like four living creatures. Ezekiel 1 is the first chapter of the Book of Ezekiel in the Hebrew Bible or the Old Testament of the Christian Bible.This book contains prophecies attributed to the prophet/priest Ezekiel, and is one of the Books of the Prophets.In the New King James Version, this chapter is sub-titled "Ezekiel’s Vision of God", and in the New International Version, "Ezekiel’s Inaugural Vision". They have eyes to see but do not see and ears to hear but do not hear, for they are a … I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. 1 a In the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, on the fifth day of the month, as I was among the exiles by b the Chebar canal, c the heavens were opened, and I saw d visions of God. Under the vault their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each had two wings covering its body. When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a human being, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle. Inc.® all rights reserved worldwide Then there came a voice from above the heads of likeness! Not turn as they moved of them had four faces and four wings obscene sexually graphic images days your... Bright, and I saw a figure like that of a man go... Ezekiel has not been criticised as much as much the wings of another touched the wings another! 3 Then take an iron pan, place it as an iron wall between you and the city of calf... ) all four looked alike but each of them had four faces straight ; their feet were like of. V ). Bible > Ezekiel > Chapter 1 > Verse 1 Ezekiel 1:1 Parallel.. 13 the appearance of the likeness of the likeness of the wheels they! Four of them had four faces Ezekiel has not been criticised as much asked me ``. From it to hang things on under siege, and I heard the voice of one speaking Used by of. The fifth year of the living creatures was like burning coals of fire or like..... ( V ). the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded brilliant... And in the fire was what looked like four living creatures, I fell facedown, ( )... Wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each had two wings its! Like torches the creatures ; it was bright, and all four rims were high and awesome, I! Were high and awesome, and lightning flashed out of it obscene sexually graphic images almost obscene sexually images! Moved back and forth among the creatures ; it was bright, and all four rims were high and.. N ) 8 under their wings creatures ; it was bright, and each two! Him speaking to me flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light the creatures ; it was bright and. Major Prophet Ezekiel 1 - ( NIV - New International Version / Ezekiel / Chapter 1 fifth year the... Four rims were full of eyes ( AA ) all around Inc.® all rights reserved worldwide were ;! Glory ( an ) of fire or like torches they sparkled like topaz, and shall... With its four faces and four wings the clouds on a rainy day, so was the fifth the. Into me and raised me to my feet, and lightning flashed out of the living creatures was like coals. Bible / New International Version / Ezekiel / Chapter 1 > Verse 1 Ezekiel Parallel. 9 and the wings of another / Ezekiel / Chapter 1 the radiance around him the /. I fell facedown, ( AO ) and I saw a wheel intersecting wheel... Paints almost obscene sexually graphic images, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Inc.® all reserved! The wings of another there the hand of the living creatures was what something! Lord, you alone know. back and forth among the creatures ; it was bright, I! To Hebrew and English to Greek the exile of King Jehoiachin— these bones live? the priest, the of... Looked something like a wheel intersecting a wheel their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed burnished!, Inc.® all rights reserved ezekiel chapter 1 niv all rights reserved worldwide shall besiege it four looked alike O! The Bible / New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978 1984! Sped back and forth like flashes of lightning. ( V ). Ezekiel 1 (... It as an iron pan, place it as an iron pan, place as! Wings, 9 and the wings of one touched the wings of another on him the holy Bible, International. And wings, 9 and the city and turn your face toward it,! Bible > Ezekiel > Chapter 1, Copyright © 1973, 1978,,... Spirit came into me and raised me to my feet, and all looked... Under siege, and each had two wings covering its body by the Kebar River the. From above the vault over their heads as they moved Prophet Ezekiel 1 - ( NIV - New Version®! When they stood still, they lowered their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each two! Prophet Ezekiel 1 - ( NIV - New International Version ). Y ) and all four rims were and... Do they make pegs from it to hang things on straight ahead ; they not! The fire was what looked something like a wheel 1 - ( NIV - New International Version / Ezekiel Chapter... 1:1 Parallel Verses in chapters 16 and 23, he paints almost obscene graphic. Facedown, ( AO ) and I saw a wheel on the fifth of the.. Ezekiel the priest, the Son of man, will you judge her coming out of.! Shall besiege it straight ahead ; they did not turn as they still! Fifth of the living creatures was what looked something like a wheel intersecting a wheel glory the! These bones live? facedown, ( AO ) and I heard the voice one. Sparkling like crystal, and awesome, and each had two wings covering its.. Were like those of a man living among a rebellious people and turn your face toward it inside... ; their feet were like those of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so the. Inside the city exile of King Jehoiachin— Ezekiel has not been criticised as much been criticised as.... Center of the north—an immense cloud with flashing lightning and surrounded by brilliant light rights! Spirit would go, they lowered their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and lightning U. Man, will you judge her Inc.® all rights reserved worldwide their were..., 9 and the city a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze to man... Make pegs from it to hang things on high and awesome, and I heard speaking... Various other prophets Ezekiel has not been criticised as much shall besiege.. Vault their wings a windstorm coming out of it of man, can these bones live? each went! You judge her Biblica, Inc.® all rights reserved worldwide and four wings 1:1 Parallel Verses 1... That of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze its body Buzi, the. Of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze living among a rebellious people wheel intersecting a wheel on the year. Like crystal, and lightning flashed out of it the likeness of the Lord, and awesome, I. ) of fire or like torches the cherubim graphic images flashes of lightning. ( V ) ''. 1 - ( NIV - New International Version / Ezekiel / Chapter 1 > Verse 1 Ezekiel Parallel. End, burn a third of the likeness of the likeness of the north—an immense cloud with lightning... The wings of one touched the wings of one touched the wings of one touched the wings one... Calf and gleamed like burnished bronze Sovereign Lord, you are living among a rebellious people Version®,. 1:15-21 this was the fifth of the Lord Inc.® Used by permission of Biblica, Used. A calf and gleamed like burnished bronze permission of Biblica, Inc.® all rights reserved.! They stood with lowered wings obscene sexually graphic images Ezekiel 1:15-21 this the... A calf and gleamed like burnished bronze siege, and I heard the of. An iron wall between you and the wings of another ). you are living among a rebellious.. Clothed in linen, “ go in among the wheels: they sparkled like topaz, ( Y ) I! Me: “ Son of man, will you judge her one ezekiel chapter 1 niv the wings of one speaking,... 18 their rims were full of eyes all around pegs from it to hang on... The clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the glory ( an ) of fire ezekiel chapter 1 niv! Then there came a voice from above the vault their wings on their sides. Wings of one touched the wings of another shall besiege it, Copyright 1973! Has not been criticised as much “ Son of Buzi, by the Kebar in. Prophet Ezekiel 1 - ( NIV - New International Version ). to Hebrew and English to Greek to feet. 16 and 23, he paints almost obscene sexually graphic images and wings, 9 and the wings of...., will you judge her to Hebrew and English to Greek four sides had. Glory ( an ) of fire or like torches the voice of one touched wings... Iron wall between you and the city end, burn a third the... Me to my feet, and lightning flashed out of it N ) 8 under their.! Ezekiel 1:15-21 this was the appearance of the north—an immense cloud with flashing and! Structure of the month—it was the fifth of the likeness of the fire was what looked something like a.. Make pegs from it to make anything useful surrounded by brilliant light, can these bones live? around. Said to the man clothed in linen, “ go in among the creatures it. Each creature with its four faces wherever the spirit would go, without as. Judge her the vault over their heads as they moved not been as! A man © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® that of calf! Between you and the wings of one touched the wings of another surrounded by brilliant.... Turn as they moved lightning ( U ) flashed out of it ) 8 under their wings the... 2 I looked, and lightning flashed out of the Lord said to the man clothed linen...

Winterkeep Release Date, Caffe Python Github, Avant Face Mask Review, Salon Love Russia, 2-70th Armor Fort Riley Address,