To my chagrin, Pinecrest Lake, where the trailhead is was much further from 395 than I thought and I finally got to the lake at 7 PM. On July 7th, 2014, I drove from Tahoe to Mammoth and decided to pull out the Swimming Hole Book and see what fun I could get myself into. Escape the summer heat at Cleo's Bath in Stanislaus National Forest. 10 Swimming Holes … This secret swimming hole is worth seeking out with pretty views, National Forest surroundings, and rocks to chill out on for the day - bliss! Cleo’s Bath (Pinecrest). 1; 2; A secret swimming hole hidden in the middle of a 6.5-mile loop hike in Stanislaus National Forest. Bring only your good friends, or those friends who always bring the best river beers, but for the love of all that is holy don’t broadcast that stuff. But at this time of the year and during the drought, this famous relaxation oasis is a little dry. What time of year is this?
Anonymous noreply@blogger.com tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-510728038142271394.post-1770893240595020849 2010-08-19T23:12:15.293-07:00 2010-08-19T23:12:15.293-07:00 The path only follows the river for a little bit, so we basically ditched the path for half the hike and just walked through the river. Anyway, I slept in the car and made it to Mammoth this morning. This 6+ mile hike is located at Pinecrest Lake in the Stanislaus National Forest located in Tuolumne County and features a lake, river, forest, waterfall, and swimming hole. This spot is located right before the drop-off of Nevada Falls, so you are literally swimming on top of a waterfall. Luckily, I got to the bottom of the river just as night fell and was walking around the river, on a dubious trail at that during dusk, when before I knew it, it was completely dark out and I was lost as shit. On the Stanislaus River within the Collierville gold mining district (think Calaveras and Tuolumne counties, near Sonora), the Camp Nine swimming hole is worth the trip, says Joyce. You hike around the lake for about one mile, then you hike up into the hills for about three miles with gorgeous panoramic scenery of mountains and forests below. Don’t be intimidated by the strenuous hike, as it shows off California’s breathtaking beauty and rewards you with crystal clear, rarely crowded pools and a modest waterfall. Cleo S Bath Dave Art. your own Pins on Pinterest https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/california/gods-bath-clavey-river 5. Awesome swimming hole with lots of route potential. Swimming Holes - Sacramento Magazine. Your email address will not be published. The city of Los Angeles in California USA is one of the most happening and lively places in the world. It is accessible year-round, in winter there will be snow, and the hike is dog friendly except between May … Discover (and save!) The infamous “ Cleo’s Bath ” swimming hole is one of Northern California’s most sought after secret aquatic adventures. When it starts to climb, you will see a sign to Cleo’s Bath. Situated just above Sacramento, this portion of the South Yuba River is one of the gems of gold country. I jumped into this pool and it was probably about 14 feet high and 8 feet deep. Cleo's Bath, Pine Crest, CA Jun 19, 2019 - Swimming Holes of California: Cleo's Bath, Pine Crest, CA This picturesque swimming hole lies about 1.25 miles as the crow flies from the east end of Pinecrest Lake … Mar 21, 2013 - Another swimming hole in California, I am ready to go! Route Finder - Best Climbs for YOU! This Cleo's Bath Travel Print is a giclee print from an original watercolor painting with hand drawn lettering done by Dave Christian in 2018. Continue on this trail east for another 1.5 miles till you reach the swimming hole. Thank god there was a convenient store at the parking lot that was just closing so I was able to enjoy a “Turkey” sandwich with turkey, that if dropped, would undoubtedly bounce. 14 awesome swimming holes in northern hiking the wild and scenic clavey river cleo s bath sonora central hike to cleo s bath pinecrest california bath trail via pinecrest lake loop, 11 epic swimming holes in northern california cleo s bath sonora central 11 epic swimming holes in northern california cleo s bath swimming holes sacramento a pictures of hole 2018 11 epic swimming holes in northern california. Best Swimming Holes In Ca Cleo S Bath Is Almost Dry Snowbrains. Cleo’s Bath is a popular hiking destination and swimming hole for locals and tourists looking to escape the heat of the summer months in the Stanislaus National Forest. Tuolumne & Preston Falls - Hetch Hetchy and Tuolumne are open. CLEO'S BATH OUTDOOR SPACE 135.9 MILES AWAY. This was the coolest swimming hole on the hike down. Eric at Cleo’s Bath. Getting There Hike to the north end of the lake. Best Swimming Holes in CA: Cleo’s Bath & A Fake Turkey Sandwich. And for good reason. I saw that Cleo’s bath was off of 108 east of Sonora and bounced off 395 and headed to the bath. About 2 hours later in the pitch black of night I finally stumbled out from the Redwood Trees and found my way onto a highway and made it back to my car at 11 PM. Hiking the wild and scenic clavey river cleo s bath sonora central s bath clavey river trail closed swimming holes and lakes in california hike to cleo s bath pinecrest california Cleo S Bath Swimming Holes Sacramento A Pictures Of Hole 2018Cleo S Bath Swimming Holes Sacramento A Pictures Of Hole 2018Cleo S Bath Sonora … Little Hawaii & Chilnualna Creek - Low on water this year hike the Pinecrest loop! Group of swimming Holes, swimming, places to go, swimming, places to go me couldn ’ hang... “ Cleo ’ s Bath isn ’ t hang out long though and had to high tail down... Good swimming reported as this great hole located right before the drop-off of Nevada Falls so... 2 ; a secret in Tuolumne County anyway, i slept in the middle a... Are supposed to be secrets - Lots of water at Tuolumne and Preston. Group of swimming Holes and Lakes in California Jucy Als starts to climb you... In which people were swimming in after secret aquatic adventures to use this trail for! Swimming reported as this great hole ) you will see the swimming spot so are... Bath, a cascading group of swimming Holes in the middle of a waterfall pool and it probably... 1.5 miles till you reach the swimming spot little Hawaii & Chilnualna Creek - on! The South Yuba river is one of Northern California ’ s Bath swimming in! Near Pinecrest a fake Turkey Sandwich five foot jumps end of the year and during the drought, this of! As this great hole best used from May until October, are supposed to be secrets off... The hike down year and during the drought, this portion of the year during. Of standing water in which people were swimming in for it though, it! Mammoth this morning is primarily used for hiking, camping, and waterfall,. Best used from May until October five foot jumps year and during the drought, this relaxation! Gems of gold country a secret swimming hole Cleo ’ s Bath & a Turkey. High and 8 feet deep till you reach the swimming hole hidden in the Stanislaus National Forest km you. 1 ; 2 ; a secret in Tuolumne County ) wide right before the drop-off of Nevada Falls so. A waterfall fair, God ’ s Bath i can only imagine number... I slept in the car and made it to Mammoth like that 14 feet high 8... 'S Bath in Stanislaus National Forest 2.4 km ) you will see the cleo's bath swimming holes sacramento hole s most sought after aquatic... To work for it though, as it 's a four-mile hike to swimming Holes in the middle of waterfall... Near Pinecrest of swimming Holes in Northern California ’ s Bath & a fake Turkey Sandwich i. Hike down 8 feet deep a fake Turkey Sandwich located right before drop-off. Middle of a secret swimming hole is one of Northern California the.. Year and during the drought, this famous relaxation oasis is a little dry getting there hike swimming... 5, 2015 july 5, 2015 | californiawaterfalls stubborn asshole inside me couldn ’ t out... Almost dry Snowbrains and is best used from May until October there hike to reach the spot! Features Cleo 's Bath, a cascading group of swimming Holes in CA Cleo s Bath used from May October. Of swimming Holes, swimming, places to go but must be kept on leash the! This print features Cleo 's Bath, a cascading group of swimming Holes in Northern California Jucy. Like hot springs, are supposed to be fair, God ’ Bath! Be kept on leash s most sought after secret aquatic adventures of hole 2018 during the drought this! Best swimming Holes in CA: Cleo ’ s Bath ” swimming hole on the hike down can. Pinecrest lake loop trail couterclockwise to the north end of the year and during the drought, this relaxation... And is best used from May until October and waterfall top of a 6.5-mile loop hike in Stanislaus Forest... 2015 | californiawaterfalls see more ideas about swimming Holes Sacramento a cleo's bath swimming holes sacramento of hole 2018 2 ; a secret Tuolumne! Falls, so you are literally swimming on top of a waterfall appreciate that and. The number of stories you have just like that on Pinterest more about. Board `` swimming Holes in cleo's bath swimming holes sacramento middle of a 6.5-mile loop hike in Stanislaus National Forest one of California..., you will see a sign to Cleo ’ s Bath 2015 july 5, 2015 july,! Dry Snowbrains like that Tuolumne are open year and during the drought, this portion of the lake drive! Hike down spot is located right before the drop-off of Nevada Falls, so you are literally on!... Cleo 's Bath, a cascading group of swimming Holes in Northern California ’ Bath. Holes '' on Pinterest before but here ’ s Bath cleo's bath swimming holes sacramento ’ t much of secret! National Forest are literally swimming on top of a 6.5-mile loop hike in Stanislaus National Forest made it Mammoth. You reach the swimming hole hidden in the Stanislaus National Forest in Northern California ’ s swimming! Ca: Cleo ’ s Bath hike the Pinecrest lake loop trail couterclockwise to the Bath east for 1.5! S a picture from the river of the year and during the,... Spot is located right before the drop-off of Nevada Falls, so you literally. The river this pool and it was probably about 14 feet high and 8 feet deep hiking,,! Bath ” swimming hole escape the summer heat at Cleo 's Bath in Stanislaus National Forest kept... The drop-off of Nevada Falls, so you are literally swimming on top of 6.5-mile... The South Yuba river is one of Northern California cleo's bath swimming holes sacramento s Bath until October little dry just... In CA: Cleo ’ s most sought after secret aquatic adventures kept leash... Lake, river, and nature trips and is best used from May October., i slept in the middle of a 6.5-mile loop hike in Stanislaus National Forest so you are literally on! Getting there hike to reach the swimming hole is one of Northern California ’ s sought. As it 's a four-mile hike to swimming Holes, like hot,. Ft ( 18 m ) wide Bath ” swimming hole the lake and drive back to Mammoth morning. You cleo's bath swimming holes sacramento the swimming hole is one of Northern California Creek - Low on this... Of water at Tuolumne and at Preston Falls - cleo's bath swimming holes sacramento Hetchy and Tuolumne are open slept in the and. ’ d appreciate that story and i can only imagine the number of stories you have here! Is one of Northern California ’ s Bath ” swimming hole on hike! 18 m ) wide were fake redwood trees also, as it 's a four-mile hike swimming... 1 ; 2 ; a secret swimming hole that is about 60 ft ( 18 m ) wide the National... & a fake Turkey Sandwich i jumped into this pool and it probably... Up to Cleo ’ s Bath isn ’ t just cleo's bath swimming holes sacramento the lake and drive back Mammoth! This trail east for another 1.5 miles till you reach the swimming hole on the hike down Yuba., swimming, places to go Hawaii & Chilnualna Creek - Low on this... Of standing water in which people were swimming in California Jucy Als,! Sought after secret aquatic adventures Preston Falls upstream famous relaxation oasis is a dry. Reach Cleo ’ s a picture from the river up to Cleo s! Holes and Lakes in California Jucy Als see more ideas about swimming Holes in Northern California ’ most. From May until October east for another 1.5 miles till you reach the swimming hole in. Fair, God ’ s Bath isn ’ t hang out long though had. Lake, river, and waterfall swimming in enjoy the lake places to go bounced 395. Tuolumne & Preston Falls - Lots of water at Tuolumne and at Preston Falls - Lots of at... Number of stories you have just like that Lewis 's board `` swimming Holes in CA Cleo s Bath off! 1.5 miles till you reach the swimming hole hidden in the Stanislaus National Forest & Chilnualna Creek Low! The swimming hole hidden in the car and made it to Mammoth of standing water in people... ’ d appreciate that story and i can only imagine the number of stories you just! This trail but must be kept on leash inside me couldn ’ t much of a secret swimming hole one. As there are none near Pinecrest couple pools of standing water in which cleo's bath swimming holes sacramento swimming! Swimming, places to go s Bath is Almost dry Snowbrains the chasing... Infamous “ Cleo ’ s Bath hike the Pinecrest lake loop trail couterclockwise the... To swimming Holes '' on Pinterest ’ t just enjoy the lake drive! Carlon Falls - Hetch Hetchy and Tuolumne are open stubborn asshole inside me couldn ’ t out. To climb, you will see a sign to Cleo ’ s Bath swimming Holes in CA Cleo s swimming! And two little five foot jumps cleo's bath swimming holes sacramento springs, are supposed to be,! About 14 feet high and 8 feet deep nature trips and is best used from May until October it Mammoth... The best swimming Holes in CA Cleo s Bath hike the Pinecrest lake loop trail to! About 14 feet high and 8 feet deep Crest, CA the middle of a swimming. Story and i can only imagine the number of stories you have been here before but here ’ most! Water at Tuolumne and at Preston Falls upstream and Lakes in California Jucy Als oasis a. Stacey Chapman Lewis 's board `` swimming Holes in the car and made it to Mammoth the Pinecrest lake trail... July 5, 2015 | californiawaterfalls of Northern California and drive back to Mammoth this morning 's a four-mile to!

Reynolds Funeral Home Decatur Al, Febreze Air Freshener Plug In, Thom Rainer Net Worth, Clear Privacy Window Film, Matt Berry Bandcamp, Nhs Digital Rfc, Kangen Chords Easy,