What I'm about to read you has never been released to the public. Up and Vanished Season 2. One of the many consequences of Kristal’s disappearance is that her 5-year-old daughter, Akasha (“Kasha”), is now financially supported by only one parent. Season 2. In Season 1, Payne tackles his first cold case story, the unsolved disappearance of Georgia high school teacher and former pageant queen, Tara Grinstead. Or the right area wasn't searched? They become transient and homeless on the street. He went to the house, knocked on the door, couldn't get anyone, and left a business card wedge between the door, and then left. Fields marked with an * are required. But I can't disprove that either. And they did alert there at the burnt remains there at the house. Up and Vanished is an investigative true crime podcast hosted by Atlanta filmmaker Payne Lindsey. According to records reviewed by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, both Sean and Marcus responded to this call at the gas station. 140 talking about this. I am getting married on September 17th, so the next episode might be a little shorter than usual. Shortly after 2:45 a.m., Fletcher was summoned to a house on West Fourth Street, where a local man named Bennie Merritt who was known for his erratic behavior, had allegedly walked inside someone's house, and had refused to leave. And we got into a little argument there, and I went to leave, and the police station's only a block away. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices, Maurice Godwin answers some of your questions from the voicemail line with Payne Lindsey. Payne Lindsey: So what was Marcus Harper's rock solid alibi? I know what happened." She's grown, single, she can do what she wants to. season 1                UAV              season 2, “It just seemed impossible that she could walk away from her life and remain hidden for all these years.”, A captain at the Perry Police Department, Dykes was thought to be romantically involved with Tara. Thomas Lauth: It's not common at all, but it's possible. A year before Tara’s disappearance, Marcus broke off their six-year relationship, which left Tara broken-hearted. Which was exactly the case for the popular podcast Up & Vanished. Learn more about your ad choices. If I go off the grid for a couple of days, and somebody's in my house I'm going to be upset. Payne Lindsey: Before I called Anthony, I scoured every detail of this police report. You know, one thing tells you how you're gonna figure out where she's at, and the other one's, you know, you see people arrested for stuff they didn't do all the time? Marcus Harper: At first. Up and Vanished is an investigative true crime podcast hosted by Atlanta filmmaker Payne Lindsey. In Season 1, Payne tackles his first cold case story, the unsolved disappearance of Georgia high school teacher and former pageant queen, Tara Grinstead. 7 Mysterious Disappearances. Sorry guys. Maurice Godwin: Detective Heath Dykes, Perry Police Department. Students, any males or stuff that knew her. Whether or not you agree with this sentiment, it’s hard to argue the unwavering and historic success of the Serial podcast, follow up by S-Town.Together, both podcasts brought the medium to the masses and have further cemented true crime as a defacto genre of choice for podcasts. Remember the guy who left the business card? From day one, Marcus Harper had an alibi. I was watching my little cousin, and I had somebody come and get him, so I could go figure out what was going on. Learn more about your ad choices. Payne Lindsey: Now that we're a little more up to speed, here's my call with Anthony Vickers. Marcus Harper's mother also vouched for his return home that night around 5 a.m., and said he went straight to bed. Listen The feedback they gave me on it didn't make any sense. Play Season Three: Episode 01: A Bar Fight Walks into the Justice Center. How do y'all know that? Anthony: I really didn't think nothing was wrong there when the GBI came and talked to me. I would definitely lean on foul play in this case because all the signs are there, really. In Season 1, Payne tackles his first cold case story, the unsolved disappearance of Georgia high school teacher and former pageant queen, Tara Grinstead. Dykes was the last known person at Tara’s residence, where he wedged his business card in the front door after a "wellness check.". Payne Lindsey: Do you remember when the last time you saw Tara was? You know what I mean? Payne Lindsey: How far is Perry from Ocilla? Up and Vanished is an investigative true crime podcast hosted by Atlanta filmmaker Payne Lindsey. Investigators were pressed for answers, and they started searching everywhere, but they found nothing. Thanks again guys for listening, and see you next time. Would I be okay with that? She works in the lab of her husband’s medical practice. He was looking for his friend, Sergeant Sean Fletcher, an Ocilla police officer. It does happen. Can we definitively say that she just walked away? Was there someone else in Tara's house that day? Anthony: They went through my vehicle and through my dad's vehicle. Greta Van S.: When was the last time you actually saw her? This is actually a case where we don't even the haystack is to look for the needle. 81 Tracks. When dogs do quote alert or indicate something, we have to look and investigate and say "Hey, is it something that's related to this case? I've had a ton of feedback from you guys about making this podcast weekly. I wanted to crosscheck the time of each incident that Marcus and Sean responded to that night. The 11-year-old case remains the largest case file in Georgia history and is still unfolding. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices, A new person in Tara’s life is discovered and he tells us his story. Season 3. NEW CASE. Male: 10 years ago today marked the last time anybody could've seen or talking to Tara Grinstead. New figures emerge, and the people of Ocilla are finally talking. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices, We talk to Anthony Vickers and learn about some new people in this case. Greta Van S.: How many times have you talk to the GBI? Such as they were last seen walking, you know, walking away somewhere. Maurice Godwin: I think it's a 50/50 chance that the glove was a plant. In Season 1, Payne tackles his first cold case story, the unsolved disappearance of Georgia high school teacher and former pageant queen, Tara Grinstead. In Season 1, Payne tackles his first cold case story, the unsolved disappearance of Georgia high school teacher and former pageant queen, Tara Grinstead. Payne Lindsey: Did you have any involvement in Tara's disappearance? A few minutes later, Sean and Marcus left the residence and searched for him. The 11-year-old case remains the largest case file in Georgia history and is still unfolding. So, the initial response was, of course, unless we find evidence that tells us otherwise, we assume that the person we're looking for is alive. Maurice Godwin: Sunday night, Monday morning yes. Learn more about your ad choices. Payne Lindsey: I got my reports back from Ocilla PD on Bennie Merritt. He was also a person of interest, but was cleared after providing a tight alibi. The 11-year-old case remains the largest case file in Georgia history and is still unfolding. And my thing got to be just cooperate with them, do everything you got to do, and get out their way. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices, Take a deeper look at the evidence as experts discuss new developments in the case. Plus, who is George Harrison? Speaker 9: We're live here at the White Horse. The Disappearance of Kristal Reisinger. Private forensic detective who investigated Tara’s disappearance, beginning in 2006. And by the time they were done, it was 4:28 a.m. A few minutes later, Marcus claims he headed home to sleep. I'm in the process now of trying to make that happen. The 11-year-old case remains the largest case file in Georgia history and is still unfolding. Payne Lindsey: Detective Heath Dykes, Perry Police Department. Anthony: Right off hand, I really don't know. Up and Vanished is an investigative true crime podcast hosted by Atlanta filmmaker Payne Lindsey. The Disappearance of Tara Grinstead. Tracy Underwood is the trainer that led this part of the investigation. When all this was going on, I didn't want to get involved. Plus the mysterious suicide note. That's what they told me. Payne explored this case on his podcast, but now they hope to solve it. Learn more about your ad choices. A Bar Fight Walks into the Justice Center . That's a question that really can't be definitively answered. I rarely have seen maliciously missing women. It seemed a little strange to me. Payne Lindsey: Based on the searches you guys did throughout Ocilla and the Irwin County area, do you think it's possible Tara's body's still there, and it was missed? If you volunteer it fine, if you don't then they have to have enough probable cause to write a warrant and go back and get the swab. They'll tell us where something is but what is just as important, and in sometimes even more important, is that they tell us where something isn't. So, we just took the dogs to an area, and had them check the area, not so much for a track, but just an area to see if they could pick up any human scent. The 11 … Now, and the latex glove outside, to me, is obviously, a very important piece. Also you remember, you're not dealing with just a regular just civilian type individual. I believe it's all rumor and bullshit. Don’t know how to get a podcast? Payne Lindsey: Can you give me the rundown on what happened on March 30th of 05? She was very irrational. Payne Lindsey: I decided to pay this place a visit. Learn more about your ad choices. He investigated her home and firmly believed there were signs of foul play. Final score of the Fitzgerald-Ocilla game: 56-19, Fitzgerald. Marcus joined Sean on that call. It's a rarity. The 11-year-old cold case is the largest case file in the history of Georgia. The podcast quickly drew attention, both in South Georgia and nationwide. I'm your host Payne Lindsey. Tracy Underwood: We just did what we call area searches. At around 1:49 a.m., according to the account Sean gave to authorities, he received a call from the dispatcher telling him that Marcus was looking for him. Up and Vanished is an investigative true crime podcast hosted by Atlanta filmmaker Payne Lindsey. You're dealing with a veteran detective. It was pretty convenient to be with an Ocilla officer during the time Tara likely disappeared. Listen for free on Podcasts! In this situation, we determined that they were responding to some septic lines or sewage 'cause it was an old house with exposed pipes and things like that. Up and Vanished is an investigative podcast that explores the unsolved disappearance of Georgia beauty queen and high school teacher, Tara Grinstead. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices In Season 1, Payne tackles his first cold case story, the unsolved disappearance of Georgia high school teacher and former pageant queen, Tara Grinstead. On the bottom paragraph, Tara says this: "Just remind Marcus what I said about something happening to me, or even him. Learn more about your ad choices. This is actually a case where we don't even know where the haystack is to look for the needle.”, © 2020 TENDERFOOT TV. And she told me that if she found out I was dating someone, she would commit suicide. She and other media outlets filed objections against the trial’s gag order. However long it takes, Payne, we're in it for the duration. Payne Lindsey: This is Payne Lindsey, I'm doing the documentary podcast on Tara Grinstead. True crime podcast Up and Vanished may have wrapped up its second season this week, but show host Payne Lindsey will hardly have time to breathe this holiday season.. Episode 01. Maurice Godwin: Upwards to 200. Presented by ZipRecruiter. But we can't clear an area a hundred percent until the person's found. Payne Lindsey: Right. No family ever thinks they're going to be living this nightmare. His initials were H.D. The other thing that's important to note, Payne, about dogs is that the dogs always tell us two things. He has over twenty years of experience in these sort of cases. They collected it, and they did analysis on it. The 11-year-old case remains the largest case file in Georgia history and is still unfolding. A new season, as new case. Season 1 of Up and Vanished explored the 2005 disappearance of beauty queen and high school teacher Tara Grinstead in Ocilla, Georgia. It's typically a medical reason. Anthony: It was kind of a little bit of both, but it was so recent that I got out of school that we kind of kept it, just kept it on the low. I don't know. One of them got jealous? Greta Van S.: And, you're getting dumped, essentially? The possibility of that I think would be pretty low. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices, In this episode of Case Evidence, Payne answers calls from our listeners. On that note, if you like what you hear, you want to hear this podcast every week too, you can support that by gifting a small donation, on the website, upandvanished.com. Tracy Underwood: Search efforts with the dogs were to check for Tara to see if we could get her scent in any of that area. I put in one more records request with Ocilla PD. They went on a run, and they went missing in the mountains. Also, the winner of the cowboy cookies is Brooklyn Parton. Up and Vanished is an investigative true crime podcast hosted by Atlanta filmmaker Payne Lindsey. Season 2 focuses on the disappearance of young mother Kristal Reisinger from a remote mountain town in Colorado. Payne Lindsey: That's Tara's ex-boyfriend, Marcus Harper in his first televised interview with Greta Van Susteren in 2005, just weeks after Tara disappeared. Marcus Harper: We dated for about five and a half years. I called a missing persons expert named Thomas Lauth. If the officials called me, or the family called me today, even after eleven years, I would get in the car, go down there with the dogs, and do whatever I can. Learn more about your ad choices. When people quit looking at you funny, then a day of [inaudible 00:04:20] things come out. 'Up And Vanished' Team Tackles 5 Mysterious Cold Cases This season of “Up and Vanished” begins with the abduction of Jodi Huisentruit, who vanished on her way to work at an Iowa television station. Payne talks to Anthony Vickers, a young man who was arrested for trying to break in to Tara’s house, and also investigates the alibi of Marcus Harper, Tara’s ex-boyfriend. We searched swamps. The 11-year-old case remains the largest case file in Georgia history and is still unfolding. In Season 1, Payne tackles his first cold case story, the unsolved disappearance of Georgia high school teacher and former pageant queen, Tara Grinstead. Most people don't really understand that. There's a lot of moving parts to this operation, and every penny is seriously helpful. I am getting married on September 17th, so the next episode might be a little shorter than usual. A week before her disappearance, Marcus and Tara became entangled in an argument, leaving police and detectives convinced that Marcus was a prime suspect before his alibi cleared him. I really don't remember. Something like that. An investigative true crime podcast that takes a deep dive into missing persons cases, exposing the truth through and seeking justice. Can we definitively say if she was kidnapped? Greta Van S.: Is that something common where she would knock on your windows or not? 'up and vanished' is a true crime investigative podcast. Anthony: Oh yeah, there was. ‎Up and Vanished is an investigative true crime podcast hosted by Atlanta filmmaker Payne Lindsey. Learn more about your ad choices. Tara’s older sister. Female: $80,000 reward is being offered for information. Payne Lindsey: So what were the results of the initial search for Tara? In Season 1, Payne tackles his first cold case story, the unsolved disappearance of Georgia high school teacher and former pageant queen, Tara Grinstead. In Season 1, Payne tackles his first cold case story, the unsolved disappearance of Georgia high school teacher and former pageant queen, Tara Grinstead. “We searched fields. Well, I only lived like two blocks down the road so it wasn't like I made a thirty mile trip or nothing. The investigation of Tara Grinstead. His alibi begins that Saturday night, at the White Horse Saloon in Fitzgerald. Greta Van S.: So, then you were rejecting her essentially at this point? But I guess there's always that possibility. The cold case was the largest case file in the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s history, with no arrests in 11 years. This county is like 380 square miles, we only got like nine thousand people in here. Anthony: Oh I understood [inaudible 00:00:58] of her. I've had a ton of feedback from you guys about making this podcast weekly. And certainly not living it after eleven years. Maybe have a couple beers. I was like, wow. And I found something kind of interesting. So this relationship you had with Tara, was it at all sexual? Hear the audio that matters most to you. SELECT YOUR SEASON . Plus a twist that could be a big break or another white rabbit. Maurice Godwin: The one person who has been vetted the most is her ex-boyfriend, Marcus Harper. Payne Lindsey: Okay. Speaker 13: If she's in here, she likes to be on top. Marcus Harper: She woke me by knocking on my windows. There were two major pieces of evidence that investigators found at Tara's home. Payne Lindsey: He was right. They have not been-. Anthony: It sounded like her squalling on the phone to me dude. Episode 04 "Snapdragon Road" coming Monday! I said what I needed to say, and I was leaving, and then I couldn't leave. Some people say the ex-boyfriend, some people say it's somebody who admired her. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices, Take a deeper look at the evidence as experts discuss new developments in the case. Did she have multiple boyfriends? Payne Lindsey: Did they search your property at all? None of them. Send me an email on the website, and I'll mail your cookies. In Season 1, Payne tackles his first cold case story, the unsolved disappearance of Georgia high school teacher and former pageant queen, Tara Grinstead. Payne Lindsey: So, tell me about your relationship with Tara. Listen. So, he drove from Perry to Ocilla. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices. He claimed to have an intimate, romantic relationship with Tara. I'm in the process now of trying to make that happen. Anthony: He [inaudible 00:08:59]. And hey stopped and pulled me out of the car. Pressing pause on the podcast, but not the effort to find answers. Before I jump into my interview with Anthony Vickers, we need to go over some of the finer details in this case. Payne Lindsey: From Tenderfoot TV in Atlanta, this is Up and Vanished. You best believe they all had their own theory about Tara. My question about the glove is this.

up and vanished podcast season 3 2021