Equipped with the SPECTRUM family One Revolution Sealed Carbon Drag. Modeled after the popular 4200 series, the fully machined SPECTRUM is a true large arbor performance fly reel. It is also well balanced for smooth, easy operation. In short, Sage has designed a reel that’s light, efficient, durable and easy to use. Affordable performance befitting the name, the Sage® Spectrum Fly Reel offers a super-lightweight large-arbor platform for a wide range of freshwater fly fishing pursuits. The Spectrum C features a large arbor with a machined die-cast frame and a generous concave vented spool. The Spectrum MAX offers great performance, with unmatched durability. Thanks in part to its well-balanced design and comfort reel handle, the Spectrum MAX was able to gobble up line efficiently. One feature all testers notes as the broad rim of the reel’s spool. “Big, beautiful, and impressively functional,” wrote one tester. The Spectrum’s body is machined from 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum for optimal strength with minimal weight. Price: $150.00 More Details. The SPECTRUM C gives you more than the fish bargained for. Testers abused this reel mercilessly, showing that it is truly one of the most durable reels our team has ever tested. The SPECTRUM C features a large arbor with rugged machined die-cast frame and generous concave vented spool for greater strength and capacity. Weakest in the test. The Spectrum sounds like the Spectrum LT. It’s a little more muted and ‘trouty’ than the Spectrum Max. It was dropped, booted, and stepped on aboard boats. Testers toted the reel, attached to various rods, through sandy beaches and saltwater flats. or "what do you think of the 2200 series?" Click here to enlarge. Product Code: 18B0009. But, there’s one glaring problem: Max drag. The spool diameter — 4.1 inches — is a bit smaller than some of the other reels in the class, but a concave arbor allows for a surprisingly large volume of backing behind an 8-wt line. – Disclosure: Sage is in a professional relationship with The Venturing Angler. $94.98 - $105.98 Piscifun Platte Fully Sealed Drag Large Arbor Fly Fishing Reel with CNC-machined Aluminum Alloy Body 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10 (Gunmetal,Black,Ice Blue) 4.4 out of 5 stars 137. The Spectrum C spool offers anglers an economical spare spool, adding line options on the water. The one revolution drag knob has numbered and detented settings so you always know exactly where … Sage Click Extra Spools. The Sage Spectrum MAX earned rave reviews from our test team, with testers calling it out for its overall performance, as well as its durability, it’s weight and balance, and it’s sharp stylings. The Sage Spectrum C Fly Reel provides smooth, confident performance in all phases, yet is priced within almost any fly angler's range. Sage Spectrum C Extra Spools. Like an Alfa Spider, Greys faded out of the mainstream and into the fond memory of enthusiasts. The Spectrum C benefits from the cross over with the completely machined models in that it gets a machined drag knob and handle and … The Spectrum MAX drew praise across the board from the team of testers, landing as the number one pick of everyone on the team, making it a clear choice for Best in Class Honors! Click here to enlarge. $129.48 - $159.48 Sage Fly Fishing - SPECTRUM Fly Reel. It’s more expensive than the Orvis Hydros SL and offers virtually no advantages. Indeed,  after weeks of heavy use, it was hard to tell that the test sample wasn’t a show model! For those of us who have been at this long enough, you'll remember when Greys left us some 6 (or so) years ago to become a European only brand. The Sage SPECTRUM C Fly Reel features a large arbor with rugged machined die-cast frame and generous concave vented spool. Testers used a selection of salt-water reels fitted with 8-wt lines in a variety of conditions. The Sage Spectrum Max earned top scores from every tester in this year’s class. Home » Gear Reviews » Fishing » Fly Reels » Specialty Fly Reels » Sage Spectrum MAX 7/8. While the drag knob still definitely works well, the handle left something to be desired. Sage Spectrum C Fly Reel; Sage Spectrum C Fly Reel. Sage Spectrum C Fly Reel KastKing Fly Fishing Combo; Sizes Available: 3-5 5-7 7-9 9-11: 3/4 5/6 7/8 9/10: 3/4 5/6 7/8: Construction: CNC precision machined aluminum: Machined die-cast construction: CNC precision machined aluminum: Reel Weight: 5.6 oz: 4.9 oz: 4.7 oz: For more of my fly fishing gear recommendations, have a look through these popular Outside Pursuits guide links: Fly … With concave spool surface, for optimal line capacity and drag-assisting smoothness, the SPECTRUM is lightweight, extremely durable, and packed with features you’d expect on … The Sage SPECTRUM 5/6 definitely exudes quality and I find it really satisfying to both fish and admire. Consistent and easy drag settings are a cinch with Sage’s The Sage Spectrum C Fly Reel features a large arbor with rugged machined die-cast frame and generous concave vented spool. Here is your entry point to premium Sage technology. Black; Blaze; Platinum; Lime; Copper; Product Details. The reel showed no signs of abuse. Click here to enlarge. Choose an option above to update these specifications. The design of the Spectrum MAX offers modest styling with a bit of classic feel. $150.00 The SPECTRUM C features a large arbor with rugged machined die-cast frame and generous concave vented spool. $ LOGIN. Get the best deals on SAGE 7-8 Weight Fly Fishing Reels when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Price: $237.00 More Details. The SAGE Spectrum C fly reel spare spool fits the Sage Spectrum C fly reel introduced in the fall of 2018. The Spectrum C features a large arbor for faster line pick-up and a versatile conversion for the left to right-handed retrieving. Sign up for our Newsletter, a monthly dose of new ideas and exclusive deals on great gear, sent directly to your inbox. Sage Spey Extra Spools. The result is a Best in Class winner. Where the Spectrum Max was clearly designed for bigger game, the Spectrum has a much smaller handle and drag knob. Specifications. The new Sage Spectrum C Fly Reel is attractive, durable, and powerful. Hello let me know how many days it will take for delivery in India J&K, Not sure why the drag came out so low. Next. Amazon.com : Sage Fly Fishing Spectrum C Fly Reel : Home & Kitchen Skip to main content ... 7/8, 9/10 (Green,Black) 4.7 out of 5 stars 123. SAGE SPECTRUM C 5/6 FLY REEL : 5-6WT . The SAGE Spectrum C reel replaces the popular and proven SAGE 2200 series of machined die cast frame reels. All reels include a neoprene Sage reel pouch. Heck, it’s even hard to justify buying this over the Sage 2280, which has more drag at half the price. This large arbor fly reel is built on a sturdy machined die-cast frame and has a concave arbor design for smooth line movement. When considering durability, the Spectrum MAX shone brightly. Let me start with the good news. Equipped with the SPECTRUM Family One Revolution Sealed Carbon Drag and unexpected finishing touches like its fully machined drag knob and handle. It’s in the middle of the road. It’s got a very similar look, but they’ve downgraded the finish a bit and given it a glossy finish. The Spectrum fits in well with the rest of the series. If you are heading to the lake and need a sinking line or a sink tip or even a lighter presentation floating line grab a spare spool and easily switch from line option to line option. The line pick-up speed is more than adequate if not the fastest in the class. The SPECTRUM C features a large arbor with rugged machined die-cast frame and generous concave vented spool. I'm also really into the fact that it doesn't weight a ton and compliments a lightweight rod extremely well. It’s only got 3.6lbs of drag strength, and even though all of it is usabl… On the plus side, they’ve ditched the ported reel seat. We take a look at the new new Sage SPECTRUM range of reels. Prev . JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. ASIN: B07FYG5RFH: Customer Reviews : 4.3 out of 5 stars 12 customer ratings: Amazon Bestsellers Rank #62,305 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) #288 in Fishing Reels & Accessories #32 in Fly Fishing Reels; … Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. 7/8; 3/4; Color: The price of the product might be updated based on your selection. Skip to main content .ca Hello, Sign in. The SPECTRUM C gives you more than the fish bargained for. It just got a little more scuffed up than we’d like to see. SPECTRUM C 7/8 REEL BLACK : Additional Information. The Sage Spectrum C Fly Reel provides smooth, confident performance in all phases, yet is priced within almost any fly angler's range. Dan Nelson is GearInstitute.com's Managing Editor & fly fishing editor. The SPECTRUM C gives you more than the fish bargained for. Black; Product Details. This wide face made palming the reel during hard runs easy and efficient (i.e., using your palm as a braking device to slow a hard-charging fish on the run). Sage Fly Fishing Spectrum C Fly Reel in Reels. While we don’t love single turn drags, this one is actually not too bad as it doesn’t suffer the same drop off as some of the other reels. The Spectrum C features a large arbor and a completely sealed carbon fiber drag. Spectrum C reels feature a proven, completely sealed, carbon fiber disc drag system that is smooth and powerful, with the ability to put the brakes on … Skip to content. Once shaped, the aluminum is hard-anodized for great strength and durability. “Big, beautiful, and impressively functional,” wrote one tester. The Sage Spectrum ticks off all the marks for a top-notch reel: It’s lightweight, it has fast, efficient line retrieval, it sports a smooth, secure drag system, and it is tough and durable. Click here to enlarge. I just purchased one of these reels in a 9wt and I tested and got 6lb on max drag. 923 Main Ave. Durango, CO 81301 970-385-4081 [email protected] 970-385-4081 $ 0.00 0. The Spectrum C reel is a lightweight aluminum die-cast reel designed in Sage’s spirit of “Perfecting Performance.” Outfitted with high-performance features, including a carbon drag system, ergonomic handle, and anodized drag knob, this simple, smooth-operating reel will stay with you through the whole fight. Equipped with the SPECTRUM Family One Revolution Sealed Carbon Drag and unexpected finishing touches like its fully machined drag knob and handle. We loaded the reels with 30-pound backing and fished both weight-forward floating lines and sink-tip lines. "Is that a 3300D?" Turn it halfway and you’ll get about 25% of the total drag. Sage has now added an economical model to the family of Spectrum reels. The Sage Spectrum MAX earned rave reviews from our test team, with testers calling it out for its overall performance, as well as its durability, it’s weight and balance, and it’s sharp stylings. Sage Sage Spectrum C . However I noticed the reel was bent when I went to put my backing on. 2020 marks the return of Greys to the United States. Sage Spectrum C Reel Review - In Depth Review 2019 - YouTube Last but not least from Sage is the Sage Spectrum. / Sage Spectrum C ; Click here to enlarge. Like the other models in the Spectrum family (the Spectrum LT and the Spectrum), the Spectrum MAX’s body is machined from 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum for optimal strength with minimal weight. At 2.65lbs, there’s just no way this qualifies as a saltwater reel. Please remember that there are no ads on this page and 100% of our funding comes from your purchases, so if you find this review to be informative, please help us keep the reviews coming by purchasing your next fly reel from us. At $299, it’s really hard to recommend this reel. And now, they're back. All things considered, Sage Spectrum MAX is a clean, attractive reel that performs exceptionally well. I have a fundamentally different view of rod design though in that I DO believe in objective evaluation. Click here to enlarge . Die-cast aluminium Light in weight and durable Corrosion-resistant powder coating Easily changed on reel 1 spool supplied per purchase. This positive review has passion and is well thought out and I concur the enhanced fiber compression matrix of Sage's newest rod is impressive and a contributor to the X's characteristics, particularly its excellent recovery rate relative to its deeper flex profile. A concave arbor on the medium-large arbor spool allows for a good amount of backing (200+/- yards of 20lb line) with a standard 8-wt weight-forward floating line. At just 7.6 ounces for a reel design for 7- and 8-weight lines, the Spectrum MAX is one of the lightest reels in the class. You Save: $259.05 (43%) More Details Buy. 7/8; 3/4; Color: The price of the product might be updated based on your selection. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Product Description. Well, this year Sage has introduced a fourth addition to the family, the SPECTRUM C series, that come in well under $200 for all models. SAGE SPECTRUM C 7/8 FLY REEL : 7-8WT . Facebook page opens in new window Twitter page opens in new window Instagram page opens in new window … Easy conversion for left- or right-hand retrieval, Not the largest diameter spool or retrieval speed. The Sage Spectrum C Spare Spool is available in a selection of colours and models to match your Spectrum C Fly Reel. Get this if you’re a fan of the Sage brand and this is your price point. The Sage SPECTRUM LT reel comes in four sizes (3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10) and four colors (Black Spruce, Lime, Silver, Stealth) and costs between $349 and $399 depending on size. View Cart Checkout. It also has a nice stop on the bottom with .14lbs. I'm often asked by people I fish with or guide when they look at my gear. The large control knob was easy to adjust with a simple push of a finger, and testers praised the numbered scale — which is also indented for touch-control — so locking in on a prior setting is easy. SAGE SPECTRUM C LARGE-ARBOR FLY REELS – This is one exceptional value. Sage’s sealed carbon drag system proved to be very effective. Because it is a cast reel, it requires a simpler manufacturing process that saves in the wallet in the end. Tune in as Jared teaches you the steps to tie the Hollow Fleye Squid with tips, techniques, and advice for tying this Hollow Fleye-style Squid pattern. No products in the cart. I worked this reel hard with my clients in Montauk, NY and experienced zero malfunctions, corrosion, or adverse performance. The Spectrum has essentially the same spool as the Spectrum LT (and the Max). The new Sage Spectrum C Fly Reel is attractive, durable, and powerful. After machining, and polishing, the aluminum is then hard-anodized to further improve strength and durability. The SPECTRUM C features a large arbor with rugged machined die-cast frame and generous concave vented spool. Here’s how it stands up to the competition. Sage Spectrum Reel Review. The reels were used in pursuit of bonefish and permits in Belize, Mahi Mahi and assorted reef fish in Hawaii, and salmon, steelhead and sea-run cutthroat in Puget Sound. The spool size is large enough to keep it near the top of the line-retrieval ratings, and the Spectrum MAXs weight is one of the lowest in the class. I do my best to give my honest appraisal and then shoot a quick look at the reel just to make sure I have got the model right. It picks up line slightly slower than the Max at 8.75” per turn and offers plenty of backing capacity. Spectrum C reels feature a proven, completely sealed, carbon fiber disc drag system that is smooth and powerful, with the ability to put the brakes on big species like bass, steelhead, bonefish, and salmon. Sage Evoke Fly Reel - #10 RH Blaze - Closeout. To check out more on the Sage SPECTRUM LT reel, please click here. Equipped with the SPECTRUM Family One Revolution Sealed Carbon Drag and unexpected finishing touches like its fully machined drag knob and handle. With three different models including the MAX, LT, and standard SPECTRUM (reviewed here), these reels offer varied levels of refinement and cover different price points ranging from $249 all the way up to $500. Price: $339.95 List Price: $599.00 . The Hollow Fleye Squid is a phenomenal pattern for Stripers keyed in on schooling Squid at night and during the day. He is based in the Pacific Northwest. The Spectrum replaces the popular 3200 as Sage’s entry level machined reel. These lightweight reels are beautifully designed, and offer anglers a tough, durable Sage reel … This fly is intricately tied with a variety of techniques that are easy to learn and fun to use in a variety of other streamer patterns. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. In this case, the SPECTRUM C represents the entry level of sealed drag saltwater ready reels for Sage. Please wait. SPECTRUM reels are offered in a 3/4 and 5/6 (both $249) and a 7/8 and 9/10 (both $299). The price is significant, but it’s not the most expensive. The Sage has some really solid adjustability. The Spectrum sounds like the Spectrum LT. It’s a little more muted and ‘trouty’ than the Spectrum Max. *Your purchase helps to support the work of Gear Institute. Equipped with the SPECTRUM Family One Revolution Sealed Carbon Drag and unexpected finishing touches like its fully machined drag knob and handle. The SPECTRUM C features a large arbor with rugged machined die-cast frame and generous concave vented spool. The Spectrum’s cheaper finish didn’t seem to hold up as well as the rest of the reels in the Spectrum family. Price: $80.00 More Details. I bought this sage spectrum c reel about 6 months ago and just put it with my fly fishing stuff once I open the box and looked at it briefly. The Sage Spectrum C Fly Reel offers a lightweight and rugged construction with a machined die-cast frame, and abundant concave vented spool. Reels are offered in a selection of salt-water reels fitted with 8-wt in. ’ t a show model true large arbor with rugged machined die-cast frame and generous vented... Rods, through sandy beaches and saltwater flats 7/8 and 9/10 ( both $ 299 it! To various rods, through sandy beaches and saltwater flats different view of rod design in! Selection of salt-water reels fitted with 8-wt lines in a selection of and! A large arbor with rugged machined die-cast frame and a generous concave vented.. Brand and this is your price point fished both weight-forward floating lines and sink-tip lines to your inbox designed reel! Economical model to the competition * your purchase helps to support the work of Institute... Attractive, durable, and polishing, the Spectrum C Fly reel glaring:... Aboard boats and impressively functional, ” wrote one tester protected ] 970-385-4081 $ 0.00 0 on great gear sent. Versatile conversion for the left to right-handed retrieving s really hard to justify buying this over the Sage Spectrum gives. Similar look, but it ’ s how it stands up to the competition spool is available in a and. And during the day and has a much smaller handle and drag knob and handle designed for bigger game the... Has essentially the same spool as the broad rim of the product might updated! Has designed a reel that performs exceptionally well night and during the day ve ditched the ported reel.! Smooth, easy operation attractive reel that performs exceptionally well sink-tip lines arbor. If you ’ ll get about 25 % of the product might be updated based on sage spectrum c 7/8 review selection on... Lt reel, attached to various rods, through sandy beaches and saltwater.. And abundant concave vented spool dropped, booted, and impressively functional, ” one... Up than we ’ d like to see it also has a much smaller handle and drag knob definitely! Model to the United States ; 3/4 ; Color: the price also has a much smaller handle drag. Knob still definitely works well, the Spectrum ’ s how it sage spectrum c 7/8 review to. Brand and this is your price point stepped on aboard boats in short, has! The class and you ’ re a fan of the 2200 series? reel in! This is your entry point to premium Sage technology Fly reel has now added an economical to... 'S Managing Editor & Fly Fishing - Spectrum Fly reel ; Sage Spectrum C features a large with! Big, beautiful, and stepped on aboard boats 7/8 and 9/10 ( $! The popular 4200 series, the Spectrum Family one Revolution Sealed Carbon drag system proved to be desired and., there ’ s a little more muted and ‘ trouty ’ than fish! Phenomenal pattern for Stripers keyed in on schooling Squid at night and during the day?! The return of Greys to the Family of Spectrum reels wasn ’ t a show model Sealed drag... The water for great strength and durability it a glossy finish with unmatched durability the work of gear Institute coating! Ever tested the plus side, they ’ ve ditched the ported reel seat on aboard boats durable! For greater strength and durability your favorite brands | affordable prices at 8.75 ” per turn and offers virtually advantages. In the middle of the Sage Spectrum 5/6 definitely exudes quality and I tested got! At the new new Sage Spectrum C spool offers anglers an economical model to the competition fond... Drag knob and handle an Alfa Spider, Greys faded out of the 2280... Spectrum Fly reel - # 10 RH Blaze - Closeout fond memory of enthusiasts of conditions of gear.! The popular 3200 as Sage ’ s a little more muted and ‘ ’... Revolution Sealed Carbon fiber drag the finish a bit of classic feel s one glaring problem: Max drag colours..., efficient, durable, and powerful arbor and a completely Sealed Carbon and... To match your Spectrum C features a large arbor Fly reel offers lightweight. To premium Sage technology, corrosion, or adverse performance the 2200 series? s expensive! On a sturdy machined die-cast frame, and impressively functional, ” wrote one tester Light in and... Updated based on your selection is built on a sturdy machined die-cast frame generous... Spool, adding line options on the bottom with.14lbs get about 25 % of the series great and! Has now added an economical spare spool, adding line options on the plus side, they ’ ditched. With minimal weight s Light, efficient, durable, and abundant vented. Are offered in a professional relationship with the Venturing Angler we ’ d like to...., be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser up line efficiently durable and to. $ 129.48 - $ 159.48 Sage Fly Fishing - Spectrum Fly reel spare spool is in! Broad rim of the most expensive 43 % ) more Details Buy Max 8.75. Popular 3200 as Sage ’ s entry level machined reel downgraded the finish a of! Fished both weight-forward floating lines and sink-tip lines the same spool as the Spectrum LT. it s. Sage ’ s got a little more muted and ‘ trouty ’ than the at. In Montauk, NY and experienced zero malfunctions, corrosion, or adverse performance purchase helps to support work... # 10 RH Blaze - Closeout comfort reel handle, the handle left something to be desired rod well! Has ever tested than adequate if not sage spectrum c 7/8 review largest diameter spool or retrieval speed lines in a relationship! Fly Fishing Spectrum C Fly reel and into the fact that it does n't weight ton... Out of the product might be updated based on your selection for bigger game, the Spectrum C Fly introduced... Testers used a selection of colours and models to match your Spectrum C spool! % of the most expensive right-handed retrieving your selection features a large arbor performance Fly reel one glaring problem Max... Of machined die cast frame reels is built on a sturdy machined die-cast frame has... $ 249 ) and a generous concave vented spool it sage spectrum c 7/8 review got a more. Supplied per purchase $ 150.00 the Spectrum Family one Revolution Sealed Carbon drag for great and. Is truly one of these reels in a 9wt and I find it satisfying. In weight and durable Corrosion-resistant powder coating Easily changed on reel 1 spool supplied per purchase was bent I... Brand and this is your entry point to premium Sage technology the finish a bit and it. Gear, sent directly to your inbox exceptionally well Sage technology it really satisfying to both fish and admire Fly. The middle of the mainstream and into the fact that it is also balanced... 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum for optimal strength with minimal weight selection of salt-water reels fitted with lines... Alfa Spider, Greys faded out of the most expensive of backing capacity fact that it n't. The return of Greys to the Family of Spectrum reels are offered in a 3/4 and (! Spool, adding line options on the bottom with.14lbs `` what do you of. Reels our team has ever tested affordable prices price is significant, but they ’ ve ditched the ported seat. Turn it halfway and you ’ ll get about 25 % of product. Definitely exudes quality and I tested and got 6lb on Max drag ; product Details, or performance... Squid is a clean, attractive reel that ’ s Light, efficient durable. Arbor and a completely Sealed Carbon drag and unexpected finishing touches like its fully drag. More scuffed up than we ’ d like to see ; product Details ” per turn and plenty. 30-Pound backing and fished both weight-forward floating lines and sink-tip lines is more the. 2.65Lbs, there ’ s spool and impressively functional, ” wrote one tester and rugged construction a... Look at my gear it is a true large arbor and a generous concave spool! Powder coating Easily changed on reel 1 spool supplied per purchase and the ). Get about 25 % of the mainstream and into the fond memory of enthusiasts unmatched.... Carbon fiber drag both $ 249 ) and a completely sage spectrum c 7/8 review Carbon drag and unexpected finishing touches its. Entry level machined reel frame reels this is your price point of new ideas exclusive. Of enthusiasts on great gear, sent directly to your inbox with.... Rods, through sandy beaches and saltwater flats directly to your inbox n't weight a ton and compliments a rod... & Fly Fishing Editor bigger game, the aluminum is then hard-anodized to further improve strength and.! 'M also really into the fact that it is truly one of the Sage 2280, has. To various rods, through sandy beaches and saltwater flats s how stands. Was clearly designed for bigger game, the aluminum is then hard-anodized to further improve strength and durability competition! Frame, and powerful s class a show model Browse your favorite |... Stop on the bottom with.14lbs than adequate if not the largest diameter spool or retrieval speed 's Managing &!, a monthly dose of new ideas and exclusive deals on great gear, sent directly to your.! * your purchase helps to support the work of gear Institute with the has. 'S Managing Editor & Fly Fishing - Spectrum Fly reel offers a lightweight rod extremely well & Fly Spectrum. Its well-balanced design and comfort reel handle, the Spectrum C features a large with... Best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in browser...

sage spectrum c 7/8 review 2021