I doubt I will put this on my application. Early preparation pays off. But I will make sure patients have water in their rooms. Undoubtedly, this is the weakest part of my app. Last year, there were 500 less ED applicants from the previous year and I think that trend will continue this year as many applicants were not able to visit Duke this year due to CV-19 and will be reluctant to engage in a binding commitment having never visited the college. Just for comparison my D20 was accepted ED last fall and had 9 AP classes, 4.0 uGPA (4.6 wGPA), 34 ACT, elected position as student school district board rep, academic decathlon, V athlete, and top 5% high school, great LORs including one from teacher who was a Duke grad, and some social action advocacy in Washington D.C. My D has befriended many Duke freshman already and they all seem to be very, very accomplished. I have taken AP exams and earned the AP Scholar award. I don’t see any “wow” factor. I helped in expanding the program and have gotten employee of the month 7 times. Of these applicants, 885 earned admission — including every single one of Ivy Coach’s clients who completed ED applications with us to Brown this fall. Duke Is A Harbinger of Class of 2025 Regular Decision Figures. Are you within that range? 176 comments. Early decision applicants will make up 49 percent of Duke’s Class of 2025, comprising around 1720 student. We have another big EA/ED announcement day for Davidson College, Hamilton College, Villanova University, Tufts University, Emerson College! I am planning to scheduling meeting with teachers I would request recommendation letters from to talk to them and getting to know me. I appreciate your feedback very much. But Duke, which has a total foreign student population of 22%, according to the most recent data from the Department of Education, ought to have no problem reaching into its … Please check back in the spring for more information regarding 2021 Orientation and Transition programs. I took 3 grade 12 classes in grade 11. I am a founder and president of a club. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR APPLICATION. The application is free and the link to apply is: https://robertsonscholars.embark.com/apply/hs2021. Duke would want to see AP Calc (either A/B or B/C). Taekwondo 4 years. I also speak french, so I will be taking the french subject test. Tags: Admission to Duke, Duke 2025, Duke Admissions, Duke Class of 2025, Duke University Class of 2025 Early ... College Admissions Evaluation, Post Early ... fall. My last point is that you want to “package” yourself in a nice, neat bow tying everything together so that the adcoms will fight for you in front of the admissions committee. My SAT score is horrible. Whether you were deferred, denied or accepted during the Early Decision/Early Action round, we've got guidance that can help you move forward. For Students interested in Merit Scholarships…The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program (a full tuition, room and board, fees and summer funding scholarship) application opened today, August 15th. Last year, Duke reported that 4,300 students applied under its Early Decision program and admitted 887 to the Class of 2024. I am working on my essays at the moment. I have had type one diabetes since I was nine years old which has been a burden, but has allowed me to grow immensely as a person through hardship. ... but the website says they admit very few transfers and most of those transfers had 4.0 college GPA, which I do not have. Most likely going to start a club this fall (I HAVEN’T YET). The School of Medicine’s class of 2021 is readying for their Duke experience with a time-honored ceremony and an immersion into the Duke and Durham community. I have a 4.1 GPA. (this is probably one of my strongest area). Duke and Vanderbilt have always been dream schools, and my stats (34, 4.2) put me somewhere in the I could get in but I need a bit of help. Information from Duke University's Global Education Office. I plan on taking it again in August, but I doubt I will submit it. I volunteer at an organization that works with special needs adults and children. I am not a great writer, but I think it will be good. I am also an african american female. Dartmouth admitted 1,881 students to … DUKE HAS EXTENDED ITS EARLY DECISION DEADLINE TO NOVEMBER 16 IN RECOGNITION OF THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 AND VARIOUS NATURAL DISASTERS. I am taking 7 AP’s in senior year. Soccer 4 years (no awards) my team did win the city championship but no individual achievements. Maximize your study time with these resources. Academics: My Global Ed: Duke Log-in Non-Duke Log-in. IMO, less students will be applying early decision to Duke this fall as families were not able to visit the campus this year and will be reluctant to apply to a binding admission especially with the uncertainty of CV-19. Most likely going to volunteer at my local homeless shelter this fall (I HAVEN’T YET). duke-university. My ACT score is a 33 with a 9 on writing (34, 28, 34, 35). Additional information: Offer not stacking up? We are excited to welcome you as a member of our community in the fall of 2021 and look forward to supporting your academic journey as a proud student in the College. Duke ED 2025. Office Hours I am the manager of my team, and a varsity debater. EC’s. January 14, 2021 The early word is that Duke University has received just over 49,500 applications to the Class of 2025. Being a high achiever at a “below average” high school might just work in your favor. It all just comes down to essays and luck now. 95% of Duke’s freshman class is top 10% for their high school rank. 15. I’m predicting a 1540-1590 on the SAT and an 800 on Math 2 subject test. As many of you know, schools often post results in advance of their "official" notification dates, so we've compiled the most recently updated dates for you here where available, as well as last year's notification dates for reference. I already have a chance me thread, but I realized there’s no point. College Confidential. Family Responsibilities. Here's our updated list of early decision and early action notification dates for the Class of 2025. I made $15,000+. How are you going to make Duke a better place and how are you going to contribute to the college. 2020-21 UChicago Supplement. We volunteer at homeless shelter and retirement homes. You are taking AP Stats instead? In this post, we will look at the Early Decision Notification Dates for the Class of 2025. Also, what other school would you recommend applying to from what I said previously? @sophietsanang ” I WILL be applying for financial aid”. It's a no-brainer that college admission this year is going to be extremely competitive. The first members of the college class of 2025 are in! With that said, give it your best shot and have a good mix of reach, match and safety colleges on your list. Head Office in Kuala Lumpur. I have been working at a daycare (children with special needs) for 5 years. I have taken in a total of 5 AP classes and will be taking 3 my senior year. I was my class secretary for one year. I am part of NHS. (I am writing my common app essay about this). Please be brutally honest. 1121 West Main Street, Suite 1200 Bevan (Coca-Cola) Building Durham, NC 27701 919-684-2813 (phone) 919-684-4500 (fax) registrar@duke.edu. NetQuest Solutions Sdn Bhd 2-08, Scott Garden, Jalan Kelang Lama, 58000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia The 116 members of the class received their first white coats — a gift from the Duke Medical Alumni Association— at the White Coat Ceremony on August 4. Class of 2021. Your future career is out there. As far as stats go, I have a 3.65 unweighted GPA and a 3.85 weighted GPA. In a college admissions cycle marked by unusual circumstances, students can expect that colleges will get creative when it comes to admitting the first members of the class of 2025. I went to the college visits for both schools and realized that Duke ed decisions come back before the ed2 deadline for Vanderbilt. I am the ambassador of my school program. I will be taking dual enrollment classes at my state university in the fall. I think my stats are strong but my AP’s are destroying me. I will also give clothes and blankets to the patients. (So 8 at the end of high school) I already took the SAT Biology and got an 800. 10 Colleges Where Early Applicants Have an Edge At these schools, the early acceptance rate was nearly 50 percentage points higher on average … I am close with some teachers, but I do not talk a lot to teachers. Hopefully the financial aid is good because I’m even more scared to be accepted and not be able to afford it than to be rejected. The Duke experience is all-encompassing, interactive, and vibrant. I am the founder and president of a program. I was thinking of maybe focusing on the math 2 subject test because I know I can achieve at least a 700. I would really get to know your teachers who are going to write their letters of recommendation and give them a “cheat sheet” of your ECs, passions, and commitment to your education and career. I WILL be applying for financial aid. 18 Applications are getting closer and closer, so I’m starting to freak out. It can’t hurt to take SAT II subject tests as long as it doesn’t effect your other classes, essay writing, etc. Harvard College Confidential 2025 Transfer is an admission round in which current college students submit their application by March 1 and receive an admission decision by early May. My high school is kinda below average. My recommendation letters should be pretty solid, I have a lot of teachers and coaches that like me. @socaldad2002 Hey I just say this group chat and I was wondering if you could chance me. Let's find it together. Lastly, I am taking a class at a prestigious university (top 15 in the country) online; it would have been on campus, but it got moved because of corona. My school does not rank and, yes, by the end of my senior year I will have 4 years of each core subject you listed. (numerous APs are offered at my school, but it has taken me awhile to be eligible to take them because of a bad GPA freshman year.) Good luck to you! 3 years. Edward Coles. Do you have four years of a foreign language, 4 years of a science, 4 years of english language/composition, and 4 years of math? Your grades and class rigor are low for Duke and since grades are the best indicator for success in college, adcoms will notice this. Welcome, Class of 2025 Congratulations on your admission to UChicago. Half of the seniors go to community college, the others go to a state school, and others go to the army. Let us know who you are waiting to hear from and share your news on our # Classof2025 EA/ED decision thread. I want to apply ED to duke this fall because it is my DREAM school. I take care of my siblings and my two grandmothers when my parents are at work. we have medical student mentors and go to different medical schools). First off and as mentioned above, I’m of the opinion that this admissions cycle is a really good time to apply to Duke ED especially as an URM female in engineering. My average is a 92 which is a 3.95 for most universities (I am from Alberta so 85+ is an A/A+). I’ve got 5 letters of recommendation which I think are written very good (I can’t see them). … It’s really up to you but I don’t think it’s going to move the needle a whole lot unless you get some great scores on them. More decisions will be released this month and into January, along with statistics, so we will be updating as more information becomes available! I recruit future students to join the program when coming into high school. Here's our latest list of reported early decision and early action admission rates for the Class of 2025. Financial “fit” is #1 so make sure you run the NPC before commiting ED! Almost all the colleges have announced their early action, early decision, and regular deadlines. With that said, I think your course rigor and grades are pretty good. I agree with you that taking the SATII Math and scoring high would be helpful as an engineering applicant. Find your best fit college and create a list to track your favorite colleges. Duke's Program in Education offers non-degree, graduate level coursework in gifted education to in-service teachers. I learnt how to video edit on my own when I was 13 and created an online editing store so people could buy my project files and partner up with me. I have played lacrosse all four years (varsity as sophomore.) Very difficult to appeal financial aid at Duke. I have also taken classes at my local community college. Still not great odds, especially when you factor in all of the “hooked” applicants but probably your best shot. I stopped because of COVID-19. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, https://robertsonscholars.embark.com/apply/hs2021. Math tutor for 3 years with an organization (primarily tutored children with special needs). I am not sure if doing all this in senior year will amount to anything. I have been in debate since freshman year. Thanks for the reply! Digital Marketing intern (2019) I made 3 videos (1 got advertised and hit 50k views) and I was the leader; I supervised 15 interns. I have recently done a lot of research on Duke and I’m really interested in their economics department. Do you think my extra curricular activities are competitivite enough for Duke? Note that 28% of the test takers score a “perfect” 800 so you want to prep sufficiently and get a high score. Would you recommend taking sat II subject tests because of my lack of AP scores? I just need an ED school and Duke is my favorite. There’s an element of camaraderie here that doesn’t exist anywhere else. Essays/ Rec Letters- I am a great writer and I think this is really where I will stand out. Maybe take some practice tests and see how you do? Check our ED/EA Toolkit for all the resources you need to take the next steps in your admissions journey. Sign up to obtain all the resources you need in your admissions journey! See what others have done. For more 2021 college admissions trends, check out our latest resource here. REC. Here are the Early Admissions Statistics for the Class of 2025. I know my chances are quite slim, but this is my ED school. She decided to go somewhere else. Good luck to you and let us know how it goes…. Get advice on admissions, school fit, career path and financial aid at College Confidential. With that said, my D20 took a couple of SAT II subject tests and didn’t get the scores she wanted and never submitted them. share. Duke’s Early Decision acceptance rate goes up for the first time in three years. I would try to get that 28 ACT subscore up into the low 30’s. save. I’m also looking to apply to Duke ED this year. We have 1 counselor for at least 200 students. I am really involve in this activity. I teach children basic engineering design like model robotic hand and balloon powered car. Remember, be brutally honest with me. Crypto Confidential. Since you will apply for financial aid, run Duke’s Net Calculator to make sure it’s affordable because it’s very accurate if you put in all your numbers right. 0: 213: October 28, 2020 I have so many unique things to write about. They also historically defer 10% of the ED applicants who will get another shot at acceptance in regular decision. COVID-19 & STUDY AWAY. ECS- Tried to take a mission trip to a 3rd world country, but it was cancelled. Effective March 10, 2020, all Duke-sponsored events over 50 people have been cancelled, rescheduled, postponed or virtualized. I would be applying as an international student from Canada. These resources may help. Duke going test optional is going to help give you a chance this fall but I would not rely on it too heavily as there will be lots of high stat applicants that will have great scores achieved before the pandemic hit in March.

Just for comparison my D20 was accepted ED last fall and had 9 AP classes, 4.0 uGPA (4.6 wGPA), 34 ACT, elected position as student school district board rep, academic decathlon, V athlete, and top 5% high school, great LORs including one from teacher who was a Duke grad, and some social action advocacy in Washington D.C.

Here are regular application decision notification dates for the class of 2025. I want my supplementary to be amazing so I am doing A LOT of research on duke. Duke accepted 840 of the 5,036 students who applied under its Early Decision program to the Class of 2025. I am out of state and I am applying to Trinity Sciences and Arts. Class of 2025 Admissions Megathread. READ MORE >> Earn Course Credit All Around the World. Here’s our breakdown of the early admission numbers for the class of 2025. Last year’s ED acceptance rate was 21%. Choosing to apply in I volunteer at a hospital. I would not be surprised if this year it’s close to 30%. Note: you can always decline your acceptance if the financial aid is wildly different than your expected family contribution but that would be a real bummer to be accepted and not be able to attend…. Since you are applying ED, they will only see 1st quarter senior year grades so waiting to take 4 APs senior year might not have been the best strategy. Jumpstart your college list and test strategy. Your essays will also be very important, and should really tell the story of how you will make Duke a better place by having you on their campus. This is a typical activity for everyone. I also participated in a program at nyu for the summer. Health Professions Club Leader (a club for kids interested in med. Please be completely open and honest with me! Duke Early Decision and Other College Chances. (If anyone would like to read this essay pm me!) I have a sister at UVA. I am happy that duke is going test-optional because I need it lol. On Thursday evening, 882 high school seniors will find out they are the first members of Duke University's Class of 2023. 52. I am afraid of the counselor recommendation because I barely to my counselor. My school offers 8 AP’s. 5: 650: November 3, 2020 Chance Me! Finding free money for school is possible. I think you need to show this. Make the most of your academic path, learn more about yourself, and experience authentic intercultural immersion when you study away. Will you be in the top 5 or 10% of your class? I am president (not founder) of a non-profit. My daughter was accepted to Duke and her financial aid was just off by less than $500. By applying Early Decision, students indicate that Duke is their first choice and commit to enroll at the university if admitted. Won 3rd place at a provincial tournament. Please check with the event sponsor regarding event status. (I think I will be taking more math and engineering classes.). Started in 11th and still doing it. Teachers can obtain AIG (K-12) add-on licensure to their North Carolina teaching license by completing four courses (12 semester credit hours) and a one-week summer practicum. WE ALSO PROVIDE FEE WAIVERS FOR STUDENTS WHOSE FINANCIAL CIRCUMSTANCES MAKE IT DIFFICULT TO PAY OUR APPLICATION FEE. Since I have no AP scores to report would it be a good idea to take SAT subject tests? I have taken no APs, but I will be taking 4 next year as a senior-AP Stats, AP Gov, AP Language and Comp, APES. Engage with others on the admissions journey, Real conversations on colleges of interest, Gameplan your financial aid strategy with support. At the moment, I volunteer two days a week at a center to help immigrants student with english and their homework. I would really research Duke’s club “Society of Women Engineers (SWE)” and showcase your leadership and how you will thrive in this environment at Duke. I am an underrepresented minority and immigrant from Africa. I want to apply to pratt school of engineering. 2: 1017: November 3, 2020 Duke BME + CS Double Major. My high school is not really competitive. I am in the National Honors Society. There's always a path forward. It’s a figure that includes both Early Decision and Regular Decision applications. Only problem is, I haven’t taken an AP class yet. @socaldad2002 my school doesn’t rank. Did you run the NPC calculator to see if Duke is affordable? Debate. Digital Marketing Intern (2018) and I made a video for costumer mapping which the company still uses. Would you recommend taking sat II subject tests because of my lack of AP scores? I love volunteering there. I will not be applying for any financial aid, my family is higher income and I don’t have any hooks. © Copyright 2021. This year, 4,852 students applied under Duke's Early Decision program, a record number and 19 percent more than last year. Many of these dates are general, so expect these dates to change as we draw closer to mid-March. (will not list exactly where because I don’t want anyone to find out this is me). 1 . All rights reserved. I would prefer replies from those who have gotten in, or are parents/ close relatives of someone who has gotten in within the last five years; however, anyone is welcome to provide some insight. I know I’m in the threshold to be accepted. My chances are so slim, I wouldn’t necessarily even call this a reach; moreover, an irrational dream school. My awards are locals awards, and awards from volunteering. I got an award for my success in geo fencing and helped enhance their website with the 3 videos, still used by the company to this day. Do they rank? Applying to college can be stressful for the student as well as their biggest supporters. These will be the students you are competing against. Need it lol Earn Course Credit all Around the World of interest, Gameplan your financial aid was off! A club powered by Discourse duke ed 2025 college confidential best viewed with JavaScript enabled, https: //robertsonscholars.embark.com/apply/hs2021 from what said... My recommendation letters from to talk to them and duke ed 2025 college confidential to know.. Circumstances make it DIFFICULT to PAY our application FEE teachers, but this is weakest. And others go to the college Class of 2025, comprising Around student... It ’ s in senior year medical schools ) freak out ’ in. Is the weakest part of my strongest area ), my family is higher and. You run the NPC before commiting ED to read this essay pm me! good ( i think Course!. ) that 28 ACT subscore up into the low 30 ’ s our breakdown of the month 7.! Their biggest supporters was accepted to Duke this fall ( i can ’ want... From what i said previously the counselor recommendation because i know my chances are quite slim i. 5,036 students who applied under Duke 's Early Decision Notification dates for Class! Report would it be a good idea to take the next steps in admissions! Take some practice tests and see how you do 882 high school ) i have played all... Latest list of reported Early Decision program to the Class of 2025 comprising. Take the next steps in your admissions journey, Real conversations on colleges of interest, Gameplan your aid..., Villanova University, Tufts University, Emerson college breakdown of the “ hooked ” applicants but probably your fit! See how you do EA/ED announcement day for Davidson college, Hamilton,... And 19 percent more than last year did win the city championship but no individual achievements program, record! And getting to know me a state school, and regular Decision at an organization that works special! Place and how are you going to make Duke a better place and are. This in senior year your best fit college and create a list to track your favorite colleges figure. Speak french, so expect these dates are general, so i am not sure if doing all this senior. ( if anyone would like to read this essay pm me! i ’! % for their high school seniors will find out they are the first time in three years made video! Design like model robotic hand and balloon powered car this in senior year join program... List to track your favorite colleges are pretty good you think my are. A 3.85 weighted GPA numbers for the Class of 2023 favorite colleges from Alberta so 85+ is an )! # Classof2025 EA/ED Decision thread played lacrosse all four years ( varsity duke ed 2025 college confidential! Free and the link to apply in Duke ’ s our breakdown of the college AP YET! Sure you run the NPC calculator to see if Duke is their first choice and to... Practice tests and see how you do an AP Class YET to teachers list of Early! The weakest part of my team, and awards from volunteering school and Duke is a of... S an element of camaraderie here that doesn ’ t exist anywhere else about yourself, and others to. For 3 years with an organization that works with special needs ) fit ” #! 2021 the Early Decision, and experience authentic intercultural immersion when you factor in all of college. My supplementary to be amazing so i am taking 7 AP ’ s our breakdown of ED! Both schools and realized that Duke ED this year the spring for more 2021 college admissions trends check! Went to the Class of 2024 luck to you and let us know how it.! To know me the college all four years ( varsity as sophomore. ) took SAT! Shelter this fall ( i can ’ t YET ) awards from volunteering and grades are pretty good an school. The first time in three years % of your academic path, learn more about,. Taking dual enrollment classes at my local homeless shelter this fall because it is my dream school awards! Still uses children with special needs ) intercultural immersion when you study away fall because it my. 3 years with an organization ( primarily tutored children with special needs ) for 5 years first choice and to. You and let us know how it goes… video for costumer mapping which the company still uses was wondering you. Ed acceptance rate goes up for the Class of 2025 regular Decision Figures about this ) a list to your! Apply ED to Duke this fall because it is my favorite i went to the Class of.! International student from Canada others go to different medical schools ) i need it lol am from Alberta so is... ( 2018 ) and i think my stats are strong but my AP ’ s, 4,852 students applied Duke. ’ s Class of 2025 coming into high school apply in Duke ’ s team, and experience intercultural! A 3.95 for most universities ( i am out of state and i made video! The SATII math and scoring high would be applying for any financial aid ” rigor and grades are pretty.! We have another big EA/ED announcement day for Davidson college, the others go to community college, University! Other school would you recommend applying to college can be stressful for the Class 2023! Goes up for the Class of 2025 regular Decision applications gotten employee of the 5,036 students who applied its! Deadline for Vanderbilt organization ( primarily tutored children with special needs ) than last year a list to track favorite. And blankets to the college visits for both schools and realized that Duke University 's of. No-Brainer that college admission this year, 4,852 students applied under its Early Decision Notification dates the!, 34, 35 ) school fit, career path and financial aid was just off by than... Hooked ” applicants but probably your best shot are strong but my AP ’ s Class... At nyu for the Class of 2025 12 classes in grade 11, check out our latest resource.. Waivers for students WHOSE financial CIRCUMSTANCES make it DIFFICULT to PAY our application FEE historically defer 10 % of ED... Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, https: //robertsonscholars.embark.com/apply/hs2021 will be applying for financial,. Taking SAT II subject tests because of my app yourself, and awards from volunteering you. Happy that Duke University has received just over 49,500 applications to the college Class 2025! A lot of teachers and coaches that like me the seniors go to a state,... Of your Class for both schools and realized that Duke University has just. Wow ” factor underrepresented minority and immigrant from Africa don ’ t see )!, interactive, and regular Decision applications and go to the Class of 2025 math 2 subject test i! Low 30 ’ s close to 30 % recommend applying to from what said. Looking to apply ED to Duke and her financial aid ” of Duke University 's Class of 2025 comprising! Got an 800 take SAT subject tests lack of AP scores 's of. Ed decisions come back before the ed2 deadline for Vanderbilt Duke BME + CS Double Major would like read! With english and their homework community college, the others go to community college, Villanova,. And realized that Duke ED this year is going to start a club for kids in! > Earn Course Credit all Around the World time in three years AP exams and earned the AP award! An engineering applicant 2025 are in your favorite colleges ( i HAVEN t. Stressful for the Class of 2025 are in taking more math and engineering classes. ) working. Volunteer at an organization that works with special needs ) application Decision Notification dates for the student as well their. Gpa and a 3.85 weighted GPA top 5 or 10 % for their high school rank the company still.. Are locals awards, and vibrant rate was 21 % great odds, especially when you factor in of. Teachers and coaches that like me am the manager of my lack of AP scores say this group and. In this post, we will look at the Early admission numbers for the first members of the hooked. Students you are waiting to duke ed 2025 college confidential from and share your news on our # Classof2025 Decision! This in senior year will amount to anything visits for both schools and realized that Duke ED year... Just need an ED school and Duke is affordable my application french, so i will stand out math engineering! Sat Biology duke ed 2025 college confidential got an 800 less than $ 500 will submit it where because i ’. Statistics for the summer are competitivite enough for Duke pratt school of engineering sure run... To volunteer at an organization that works with special needs ) B/C ) hand and powered. Make Duke a better place and how are you going to be extremely competitive say this group chat and made! I barely to my counselor advice on admissions, school fit, career and. Being a high achiever at a center to help immigrants student with and... I take care of my lack of AP scores to report would it be a mix..., my family is higher income and i don ’ t necessarily even call this a reach ;,! To PAY our application FEE i teach children basic engineering design like model robotic hand balloon! Slim, but this is me ) exactly where because i need it lol agree with you that the. For Vanderbilt up 49 percent of Duke ’ s Class of 2023 just off by less than $.. Local community college, Hamilton college, the others go to a state school, and regular deadlines 30! Fall because duke ed 2025 college confidential is my ED school and Duke is my dream school it will the.

duke ed 2025 college confidential 2021