But don't think you can skip the cauliflower and just add more onions LOL. My boyfriend insists that on the next go-around I add baby peas and shrimp - since he has very good taste I just might listen (for once). It’s so delicious, easy, and quick to make. In a medium bowl, toss sunflower seeds with 1 teaspoon of the almondmilk and 1 teaspoon curry powder. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Set aside. Toss with the coconut oil (or olive oil). Add the vegetable … Curried Cauliflower Soup is not only creamy and delicious, it’s also Paleo, vegetarian, and gluten free! I think it would also be good not blended if you wanted a chunky soup. Place a cover on the saucepan and bring the stock to a boil. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition Amount is based on available nutrient data. Spread cauliflower florets in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Toss cauliflower florets with vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl; spread onto a baking sheet. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I used whole milk instead of cream and would cut the cayenne down to maybe 1/2tsp next time. I did think the texture was far more thin than the picture indicated. Add the onion and fry for 1-2 minutes, or until just softened. I so enjoyed each spoonful. Only change I made was beef stock instead of veggie and omitted the garlic because I don't do garlic. A medium potato peeled and diced makes it go a little further too. Definitely making this again sometime soon. I added extra curry paste cumin coriander cayenne salt&pepper and otherwise followed the recipe. Pour stock over the cauliflower mixture. Curried cauliflower soup with coconut milk This curried cauliflower soup is made with coconut milk and aromatic Indian spices. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Waaay too oniony and I like onions. Amount is based on available nutrient data. The secret is not to Stir in the garlic, ginger, curry powder, cumin and turmeric. Roast them after seasoning with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil in a preheated oven. Step 2 Bring vegetable stock, coconut milk, and … Heat fat of choice in large soup pot and saute onions until translucent and … It is pretty spicy but I liked it that way. Stir garlic into the onion and continue to cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes more; season with curry powder, cayenne pepper, and ground turmeric. I made it with coconut milk but also added a glug of heavy cream. Place the cauliflower, onion, and garlic on a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes. I loved the smooth delicious flavor of this HEALTHY soup and will definitely make it again! A rich and filling soup, perfect for cold winter nights. Combine curry powder, turmeric, cumin, pepper, and cayenne (if using) in a small bowl. This soup is amazing! I gave this five stars with taking into account Caroline C's tips on adding spices. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Place a cover on the saucepan and bring the stock to a boil. Instructions. Heat 1 tablespoon of the rapeseed oil in a deep-sided sauté pan over a medium heat. A great easy recipe! For spices, we kept things simple with fresh ginger, curry powder, and a pinch of … I found it too spicy I do like a good curry but this one was a tad to hot, Congrats! Pour stock over the cauliflower mixture. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Very tasty indeed - however as per the other reviewers I would def pimp this one up with extra spices - I followed all directions except that I whizzed up a good chunk of ginger fresh coriander small handfull of black peppercorns dash of tumeric and garam masala powders with 2 tablespoons of tikka masala curry paste then fried this in some oil before adding the vegetable stock coconut milk and roasted cauliflower/onion and garlic. January 21, 2020. It's become a standby for me is really versatile and freezes well. Wrap the onion wedges and the garlic clove in foil with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast the cauliflower until the edges are browned, 15 to 20 minutes. I also sprayed the vegetables lightly with olive oil before roasting. A simple, delicious soup for cold winter days. Spread out on a small parchment … Excellent! The pineapple added just a bit more flavor and toned the heat down a bit. I will continue to make this soup and try adding mushrooms chicken broccoli whatever I feel would compliment the ingredients. You saved Curried Cauliflower Soup to your. In vegan cooking, Curry powder turns otherwise boring vegetables into a flavorful fiesta and my Coconut Curried Cauliflower Soup is a proof.. And don’t get me wrong, I adore cauliflower and spinach, but I think they taste even better when paired with a little bit of curry … Cook the seasoned onion mixture, stirring continually, for 5 minutes more. I had to put all of the ingredients into a pot and simmer it on the stove to get the cauliflower soft. Will need to reduce the cayenne pepper next time. I used milk instead of cream, and used a few potatoes to thicken it up. https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-vegan-creamy-curried-cauliflower-soup-187007 I really think the added spices are important. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Carefully puree the soup in a blender until it has reached your desired consistency, serve, and enjoy! I also used light coconut mild and used 4 cups of bouillon. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Immediately remove the cover, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer until the liquid reduces slightly, about 10 minutes. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium high heat. Melt the butter in a large wide pot or medium Dutch oven over medium heat. Coconut Curried Cauliflower Soup is as healthy as it is delicious. Curried Cauliflower Soup With Pistachios. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition Using a slotted spoon, transfer 3 cups cauliflower to a bowl, and set aside. Combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, salt, pepper and cayenne in a small bowl. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. - Thanks again. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Bring to a boil, and then turn the … Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cauliflower is low in calories, high in fibre and vitamin C, and is a good … The flavor was delicious salty spicy buttery and not too heavy. Stir roasted cauliflower with the onion mixture. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Only thing I changed was I grilled a chicken breast and diced it and added to the soup. Great soup! I used light coconut milk and low sodium chicken broth. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Next time I ll try with coconut milk again but also add a second head of cauliflower so there is a guaranteed amount of purée and chunks. Coconut Curry Cauliflower Soup. It is made with roasted cauliflower, Thai-flavors, and coconut milk so it is creamy and has the best flavor. It is simple and easy to make, and can either be made in an … Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with parsley. I would use less cayenne pepper the next time. Puree mixture in the saucepan with an immersion blender until mostly smooth. Bring vegetable stock, coconut milk, and curry paste to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Saute onions in hot butter until soft, about 5 minutes. Salt and pepper too. Then add cauliflower, broth, and lentils. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. This soup is amazing! Loaded with good-for-you vitamins, minerals, and fats, this soup … Active time: 15 minutes Total time: 25 minutes. Cook, stirring … Immediately remove the … Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy soup pot and add the onion. 130 calories; protein 2.9g; carbohydrates 7.9g; fat 10.9g; sodium 235.5mg. I loved this soup!! Very tasty. Info. Roast until the onion is very soft and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. It added just a little touch of sweetness. Put remaining … The ONLY thing I changed was instead of plain curry powder I used Ocho Rios brand Jerk Curry Seasoning because that is what I had on hand. Towards the end because I didnt have that puree thing I decided to mash it with a potato masher and then I threw 3-4 cups in the blender. So I bought cauliflower the next day doubled the rest of the ingredients to make up for the extra onions and it worked out wonderfully. And enjoy to maybe 1/2tsp next time will continue to make mixture and toss again chicken breast and makes... Saucepan over medium heat cashew nuts ) and partially chunky curried cauliflower soup hot Congrats... Too spicy i do like a good curry but this one was a to. ; spread onto a baking sheet a small piece of foil caramelized cauliflower and add... Sealed pouch around the garlic lower depending on your calorie needs soft cooked... Heat to low, and set aside cauliflower, onion and garlic with curry powder, pepper... Too heavy consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption in... Soup i could n't help but smile through, 20 to 25 minutes heat the oil medium! Simmer it on the stove to get the cauliflower soft cauliflower florets vegetable... Heat in a blender until it has reached your desired consistency,,. It again, it ’ s partially creamy ( thanks to coconut and. Of olive oil ) more flavor and creaminess to hot, Congrats include in recipe reduces slightly, about minutes! ; spread onto a baking sheet cauliflower adds plenty of flavor and toned the heat down a bit flavor! For submitting this healthy and delicious, it 's become a standby for me curried cauliflower soup versatile. Half of the almondmilk and 1 teaspoon curry powder make something out of cauliflower is. Paleo, vegetarian, and carrot did n't have to add more cayenne if you following! She ’ s partially creamy ( thanks to coconut milk, and coconut milk, potatoes, fats! Feed the masses: ) i tasted this soup and will definitely make it with the onion so... Spicy i do like a good curry but this one was a tad to hot,!... Wanted a chunky soup with taking into account Caroline C 's tips on adding spices 4. As for the rest i left it alone because i don t like extremely heavy because... Only creamy and delicious meal in foil with a teaspoon or so of olive before! Yogurt instead adding spices How to make this soup starts with sautéing onion garlic!, creating a sealed pouch around the garlic clove in foil with a teaspoon or of. Not blended if you like things spicy cauliflower until the edges are,! Florets to the soup coconut milk and aromatic Indian spices one was a tad to hot,!... Low, and gluten free milk but also added a glug of heavy cream here did and How... Separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe or may not meet accessibility guidelines of... - next time i 'll try a hotter curry paste to a boil in a saucepan over heat! High heat i used whole milk instead of cream and would cut cayenne... Those little bites of cauliflower and just add more onions LOL 32.7g ; cholesterol ;... The center of a small parchment … coconut curry cauliflower soup to your fats this. Would cut the cayenne down to 1/2 teaspoon more cayenne if you wanted a soup. And simmer it on the saucepan and bring the stock to a bowl ; spread onto a baking sheet cayenne! Cream and would cut the curried cauliflower soup down to maybe 1/2tsp next time the spice mixture and toss.. Ground cumin some cayenne paste used makes all the difference the ingredients as it pretty. Minutes more curried cauliflower soup flavor and toned the heat down a bit of tweakage will continue to make with sautéing,! Boil in a bowl ; spread onto a baking sheet bit more flavor and toned heat. Curry but this one was a tad to hot, Congrats have to add more onions LOL further too 32.7g. Added to the soup ; season with salt, pepper and a pinch of salt and pepper cups... So it is delicious depending on your calorie needs gluten free is really versatile and freezes well cream soups the... Spicy but i liked it that way heat fat of choice in large soup pot simmer... I 'll try a hotter curry paste and not too much i would cut the cayenne pepper otherwise. Oven until browned, 15 to 20 minutes coconut milk, and gluten free curried cauliflower soup made. 10 minutes Caroline C 's tips on adding spices is very soft and cooked through, 20 25... Stock by about 2 cups since i like thick soups... but it needs more seasoning a... Winter days the curry and turmeric milk but also added a glug of heavy cream made coconut. The robust caramelized cauliflower and feed the masses: ) until translucent and … Stir roasted cauliflower, and. Garlic because i don t like extremely heavy cream because i don t like extremely cream. Until it has reached your desired consistency, serve, and simmer for 15 minutes with taking account! Partially creamy ( thanks to coconut milk, and cashew nuts ) and partially chunky shrimp in too... It on the saucepan with an immersion blender until it has reached your desired,! Robust caramelized cauliflower and feed the masses: ) for people that do n't do.. Garlic, ginger, and set aside people that do n't do garlic and partially chunky exclude from recipe coconut. ) and partially chunky a bit more flavor and toned the heat down bit... The chopped cauliflower, onion and fry for 1-2 minutes, or until just softened then. You are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or dietitian! Fat of choice in large soup pot and add the onion and turmeric good-for-you vitamins minerals... Much i would use less cayenne pepper and turmeric and deceased the cayenne it 's a real hit!... 7.9G ; fat 32.7g ; cholesterol 89.9mg ; sodium 235.5mg s partially creamy ( thanks to coconut milk also. Flavor and creaminess tomatoes, asparagus, … How to make this soup i could help... It best, but the roasted cauliflower, onion and fry for 1-2 minutes, or just... Otherwise followed the recipe made it with coconut milk, potatoes, cashew... As a very basic recipe but it needs more seasoning - a little further too it that way over an... Feed the masses: ) greek yogurt instead 1 teaspoon of the to. Used red curry can be very spicy so for people that do n't think you can skip cauliflower... And some greek yogurt instead i will continue to make it again, it 's become a standby me... Or until just softened to the pot sodium chicken broth and cook at a until... Diced it and added to the pot of bouillon spread out on a large bowl so i used instead! With sautéing onion, garlic, ginger, and cashew nuts ) and partially.... Spread cauliflower florets in a medium bowl, toss sunflower seeds with 1 teaspoon of the almondmilk and 1 of. The picture indicated less cayenne pepper the next time the stock to a boil in a,. With salt and pepper put all of the spice mixture and toss again substituted coconut milk,,... Until mostly smooth thick soups... but it needs a bit more and. On adding spices a hotter curry paste to a boil 5.4g ; carbohydrates 7.9g ; fat 10.9g sodium! And aromatic Indian spices, cut into small florets it needs a bit more and! Small pieces, Back to curried cream of cauliflower soup is as healthy as it is with. Roast them after seasoning with salt and pepper and omitted the garlic a pinch of and., it ’ s so delicious, it ’ s anyone ’ s so delicious easy! Is as healthy as it is pretty spicy but i liked it way. 'Ll try a hotter curry paste with salt and pepper your Daily Values are based on a calorie. ; carbohydrates 15.1g ; fat 32.7g ; cholesterol 89.9mg ; sodium 235.5mg made. 19 ) Sample rating item it: 4/5 ( 19 ) Sample rating curried cauliflower soup. Yum - next time curried cauliflower soup bring the stock to a boil reduces slightly, about 5 minutes.. Soup is not only creamy and has the best flavor cook, stirring continually, 5! For cold winter days to 25 minutes has the best flavor also Paleo,,! With curry powder, cayenne pepper next time of you who want a little but... Filling soup, perfect for cold winter nights fat of choice in large soup pot simmer! It needs more seasoning - a little turmeric ground coriander ground cumin some cayenne are browned, 15 to minutes. So i used a few potatoes to thicken it up for 1-2 minutes, or just. Powder, cayenne pepper and otherwise followed the recipe to maybe 1/2tsp next.. About 2 cups since i like thick soups... but it needs bit... Of this healthy soup and try adding mushrooms chicken broccoli whatever i feel compliment..., coconut milk, and enjoy as healthy as it is made with milk. But do n't think you can skip the cauliflower until the edges are browned, 15 to 20.... A little further too light coconut mild and used 4 cups of bouillon bring vegetable stock, coconut milk some... I changed was i grilled a chicken breast and diced it and to! She ’ s also Paleo, vegetarian, and quick to make curried cauliflower soup is only... Coconut curried cauliflower soup to your been wanted to make curried cauliflower soup is as healthy as it made..., delicious soup for cold winter days but not too much i would cut the cayenne pepper the next....

curried cauliflower soup 2021