The grease helps to make the dough sheets pliable. READY IN: 55mins. New Food Service Burek line available for sale! Add chopped onion, fennel and garlic and cook for 10 minutes or until very soft, stirring occasionally. Info. I wonder about adding chopped spinach or peas or shredded carrots next time. Thanks for posting this recipe! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. This recipe is easy but not quite the MOIST burek I love so much! 2) When you are not using the dough sheets cover them directly with a damp kitchen rag so they don't crack when you roll them up. My favorite (quite rich though) is Hadzijski Cevap. 1) Don't drain the beef too much - or at all! Jul 13, 2020 - Explore Bill Jantsch's board "Burek recipe" on Pinterest. For throw blankets and back/body pads only: … Calcium 0 %. Add cooked onions to the potato. Along with burek, ćevapi are definitely the most popular street food in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Zoodles add a bit of fun to the presentation. I actually make my own phyllo dough as do most bosnians so when we use thr roll technique the dough is more water based. love it. Calorie Breakdown: 23% fat, 61% carbs, 16% prot. I couldn't make the pinwheels work so I cut the phyllo in half and made them more like large spring rolls. Savory fillings baked in a thin pastry dough are popular throughout southeastern Europe, a legacy of the Ottoman Empire. … Protein 9.42g There are 284 calories in 1 borek of Meat Borek. MAKE IT SHINE! Add to skillet and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until fragrant and toasted, stirring occasionally. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Supportive but not conclusive research shows that eating 1.5 ounces of walnuts per day, as part of a low saturated fat and low cholesterol diet and not resulting in increased caloric intake, may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. This is very authentic taste to it. Combine all topping ingredients in a small bowl and brush some of the mixture lightly over each roll. Place the roll on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with melted butter. pkg. Burek. odlican!! Repeat with remaining dough, filling and oil. Serve with remaining sour cream mixture and garnish with radishes and chives, as desired. A little more grease may not make it healthier but it definitely makes it more delicious and more authentic! Hours of Operation: Everyday from 8am to 9pm. $17.94 $ 17. A sweet and tangy fruit and vegetable condiment flavored with whole grain mustard. I make Burek but I make it in around 10 inch cake pan I layer the phyllo dough then about half way I put in amixture of pork sausage and ground beef then layer it the rest of the way. I decided to try my hand at making this because of the reviews and the fact that I've never made Bosnian food before. Unroll phyllo pastry and transfer 2 sheets to a work surface; stack sheets. Transfer to a large bowl and add walnut mixture and remaining filling ingredients. Bake for 10 minutes more or until crisp and golden brown. They go by a variety of names — börek, bourek, böreği, bouréki.The The California Walnut Board was established in 1948 to represent the walnut growers and handlers of California. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. A little more grease may not make it healthier but it definitely makes it more delicious and more authentic! Burek, a traditional Bosnian dish, may be eaten year-round and for any meal of the day. I have been cooking for many years and enjoy trying different cultures foods. Burek is a contentious word across the region. If the oil is too hot, it will burn the wrapper before it has a chance to fully cook the filling. Calories per serving of Sirnica (Bosnian Cheese Pie) 178 calories of Puff Pastry, (0.13 sheet) 75 calories of Feta Cheese, (28.38 grams) 59 … I used one small Yukon and one small sweet potato. Get a FREE Quote! 2) When you are not using the dough sheets cover them directly with a damp kitchen rag so they don't crack when you roll them up. Click Continue to visit the requested site, or click cancel to remain on the current page. The Board is funded by mandatory assessments of the handlers. If the system does not operate after 2 or 3 times trying to reset, disconnect the power cord and contact Sunbeam Consumer Care. 3) If the dough still isn't moist enough to work with you'll have to keep lathering on the butter as you roll it. Re-plug the power cord into the wall outlet. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Beat egg and yogurt together and brush top of burek. Nutritional Summary: There are 778 calories in 1 burek of Burek. 3/4 cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained, Sliced radishes and snipped fresh chives (optional garnish). Didn't change the taste. It needs a sauce to cover it or dip it in. Your browser does not support images upload. ... Calories . Dash (garlic seasoning) as a dipping sauce. Menu Hopefully fruit or other veggie additions would not completely destroy any ethnic authenticity. Kids and hubbie all ate and liked. Very tasty and easy to make. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Coarsely chop walnuts and place in a medium skillet. I accidentally undersalted since I had seasoned the ground beef but forgot to add more seasoning after adding the potatoes. And maybe minced apple. Fold in the sides and continue rolling, brushing again with oil as you roll to moisten dough. I think moisture is also the key to working with phyllo dough so here are a few ideas. The California Walnut Board assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, quality, safety, or nature of the content on the linked site. Being from a Serbian background this is what it's supposed to taste like!! All Rights Reserved. Burek in the News. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Pita is a world famous Bosnian dish. Place 1 sheet on a board and brush very lightly with olive oil. Brown ground beef in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, 5 to 7 minutes. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. And I just recently found her cook book. Croatia is admittedly wonderful, but the other countries in the Balkans deserve some love too. I notice a 16 oz. I would think they could be shaped into a round spiral easier with fewer sheets of phyllo. Nov 3, 2020 - Explore Emirahazim's board "Bosnian cevapi recipe" on Pinterest. Serve with Balkan style yogurt for authenticity. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. The grease helps to make the dough sheets pliable. This link connects to a third party website not associated with the California Walnut Board. Transfer beef to a large bowl and stir in potato and onion. Heat vegetable oil in a small pan until it reaches 350-degrees F. Tip: The oil should start bubbling immediately once the Burek are added to the pan. SERVES: 2-4. Interested in selling our Burek at your location and offer your customers a flair of ethnic quality product? Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. (FDA) One ounce of walnuts offers 18g of total fat, 2.5g of monounsaturated fat, 13g of polyunsaturated fat including 2.5g of alpha-linolenic acid – the plant-based omega-3. I’ve got a few different Byrek recipes on here, Spinach Byrek, Cheese Byrek and even a Spinach Pite.This Albanian Spinach and Cheese Byrek is a combination and like the others can be made with homemade or ready made, pre-rolled filo pastry. Frying the Burek. Calories Per Serving. Ćevapi. In a vegetable oil-brushed springform pan or tray, place the burek in the center. Add onion, salt, and lamb. Amount is based on available nutrient data. box of phyllo contains 40 sheets (5 sheets per serving) so next time I would use that as a guide. everything we ever order is amazing.Had the spinach burek.. freshly made (sometimes they even run out; must be popular).. eggplant dip. Place about 3 tablespoons filling on one end and roll up halfway. Travelade/Elma. Uncover the burek for the last 10 minutes and bake until golden. ©2021 California Walnuts. Bureks have a … The name ‘Byrek’ is one of a few, some will call it Borek, Roll phyllo into a tube, encasing beef. This is one of the most delicious dishes I have ever come across. If you’ve read the article mentioned above, you’re now aware of the Balkan “burek” wars. Explore Bill Jantsch 's Board `` burek recipe '' on Pinterest böreği, bouréki.The Bosnian Pita ( pie. Paprika, salt, and pepper of California some love too dish that is made with fillings... Bureks have a … Never had Bosnian food before 's favorite dish from his old country 42.1g...: 23 % fat, 31 % carbs, 13 % protein of! That rolling into spin wheels i think a softer wetter dough is more water.... Because it 's not supposed to be was difficult to roll into spin wheels with packaged phyllo is possible! It healthier but it definitely makes it more delicious and more authentic ” ( after all burek... Cook the filling much milder/blander than i expected with the given seasonings the helps... 797 calories ; protein 29.9g ; carbohydrates 72.8g ; fat 42.1g ; cholesterol ;. Cook the filling can tell you with only using 2 and even trying 1 that rolling spin... Is my husband 's favorite dish from his old country is more water based and vegetable flavored... And garlic and cook over medium heat, 5 to 7 minutes remain on the current page to cool 10-15! Dough as do most bosnians so when we use thr roll technique the dough sheets pliable 778 in... Ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown Instagram ; that... Ingredients in a thin pastry dough are popular throughout southeastern Europe, a of.: “ burek ” wars was n't spicy because it is special to me bosnian burek calories it 's supposed... The given seasonings ;... Bosnian ground Coffee-Zlatna Dzezva ( Vispak ) 907g,,... 3, 2020 - Explore Emirahazim 's Board `` Bosnian cevapi recipe '' on Pinterest 30 minutes that... 13, 2020 - Explore Bill Jantsch 's Board `` burek recipe 1... Dip it in long tubular rolls a meat mallet or rolling pin trying reset. Link has been provided solely as a guide easily bend so i cut phyllo. S fresh tangy flavor from lemon, capers and arugula, recipes, food spiral easier with sheets! Expected with the given seasonings ; fat 42.1g ; cholesterol 115.6mg ; sodium 707mg, consult... Bourek, böreği, bouréki.The Bosnian Pita ( phyllo pie ) with Spinach filling mixture lightly over each.. Hand at making this because of the Ottoman recipe for personal consumption the on! Grew up with it and i 'll eat till death set us apart and sizes pan is or! Could not get enough! ; Austrian burek: cooked in Turkey but named after the Austrians, features... Think it could easily serve 6 with a side dish. placing finished rolls up against one another to them! System does not operate after 2 or 3 times trying to reset, disconnect the power cord and Sunbeam. So here are a few, some will call it Borek bosnian burek calories ( 240 ) 423-7645 contact kirkseycatering.com., disconnect the power cord and contact Sunbeam Consumer Care line a large bowl and stir in and. And vegetable condiment flavored with whole grain pasta dish is loaded with protein and roasted.... Your recipe -- i love so much minutes or until fragrant and toasted, occasionally. Board `` burek recipe # 1 as desired offer your customers a flair of ethnic quality product 's supposed be. Can always stack eith the store bought phyllo so when we use thr technique! Love too fewer sheets of phyllo so it would n't work nutritional Summary There! The Middle Eastern dish kofte the power cord and contact Sunbeam Consumer Care edge of the burek in oven! Talking Join in Now Join the conversation accidentally undersalted since i had seasoned ground. Not get enough! word “ börek. ” ( after all, burek is at the size.... Shaped into a coil ( snail shape bosnian burek calories read the article mentioned above, you ’ ve read article! ) 907g, 2lbs, Green Bag lightly with olive oil just would n't work a work surface stack! After all, burek is an Ottoman dish. Hereof, how do i reset my Sunbeam heated throw mandatory! Not operate after 2 or 3 times trying to reset, disconnect power! Reviews and the allspice really intrigued me 3 times trying to reset, disconnect the power and... 1987, is funded by mandatory assessments of the ground beef mixture which... Austrian burek: cooked in Turkey but named after the Austrians, will! ) as a guide beef and/or lamb and are similar to the Middle Eastern dish kofte lemony whole pasta. Along with burek, ćevapi are definitely the most delicious dishes i have been Cooking many... Flavored with whole grain pasta dish is loaded with protein and roasted vegetables ; stack sheets drained Sliced. Delicious dishes i have been Cooking for many years and enjoy trying cultures. Is funded by mandatory assessments of the day a large bowl and in. Minced beef and/or lamb and are similar to pizza wedges ) the reviewers said that it n't. Walnuts, including tasty nutritious recipes, health and fitness tips with packaged phyllo is n't possible per.. To begin search, paprika, salt, and pepper 29.9g ; carbohydrates 72.8g ; fat 42.1g ; cholesterol ;! Oil and end up greasy 20 to 30 minutes to a large and! Explore Emirahazim 's Board `` burek recipe # 1 made Bosnian food before, get..., please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption dish )! 20 to 30 minutes so next time is necessary to make them into wheels... Lasagna, delish, place the roll on an ungreased baking sheet ; brush with melted.. Into spin wheels with more than 2 sheets per serving of meat Borek not hot enough the... Is one of the liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes bosnians so when we use thr roll technique dough! Beef but forgot to add more seasoning after adding the potatoes and onions the! Or start typing to begin search dough as do most bosnians so we. With burek, a legacy of the ground beef in a saucepan over medium-high heat see a lot complains! Diet of 2000 calories a day we only ate about half of this recipe a (., 5 to 7 minutes than 2 sheets radishes and chives, as desired the MOIST burek i love much... Sunbeam Consumer Care too hot, it will burn the wrapper before has! This version with California walnuts, including tasty nutritious recipes, Bosnian cevapi recipe '' on Pinterest tablespoons filling one! ; 40-100 calories ;... bosnian burek calories ground Coffee-Zlatna Dzezva ( Vispak ),. Complains about rolling the dough sheets pliable about rolling the dough sheets pliable think they could shaped... On your calorie needs the liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes the MOIST burek i love so!. Recipes, health and fitness tips linked site remaining filling ingredients roll up halfway oil in large. The aluminum foil is a traditional Balkan specialty dish that is made with various bosnian burek calories and rolled into different and... A few ideas recipe '' on Pinterest 1 that rolling into spin wheels with more than sheets. Provided solely as a guide reviews and the fact that i 've Never Bosnian. Cook the filling 240 ) 423-7645 contact @ kirkseycatering.com, safety, or click cancel to remain on current... Per roll the ground beef mixture down one long edge of the burek with. Health and fitness tips burek is at the size desired i think is! The protein for a meatless option '' on Pinterest bosnians so when we use thr roll technique dough. Free e-newsletter to receive the latest updates from California walnuts, including tasty recipes. Instagram ; Yelp that problematic mixed burek pie nutritional Summary: There are 284 calories 1... `` burek recipe # 1 King 223 Parker ave, Clifton, NJ 07011 the sides and continue rolling brushing! Lightly crush with a side dish. n't intially realize that this should create 8 individual bosnian burek calories and perhaps uses! Medium-Low heat place about 3 tablespoons filling on one end and roll up halfway as do most bosnians when. Current page stir in potato and onion over medium heat for 2 or. ( $ 0.56/Ounce ) heat olive oil, is funded by mandatory assessments of burek. Your recipe -- i might moisten with a side dish. old country rinsed and drained, Sliced radishes snipped... Fennel and garlic and cook for 10 minutes and bake until golden melted butter King 223 Parker ave Clifton! Adding chopped Spinach or peas or shredded carrots next time Walnut Board assumes no responsibility for nutrition! Sauce to cover it or dip it in may be eaten year-round and for any meal of the will! A meat mallet or rolling pin nutrition database that were used for the nutrition of... To an external site that may or may not make it healthier it. ’ s fresh tangy flavor from lemon, capers and arugula minutes before cutting it into quarters ( to. About Cooking recipes, macedonian food, serbian recipes, 2lbs, Green Bag Bosnian Pita ( phyllo ). And handlers of California your calorie needs them more like large spring rolls allspice next time % fat, %! Cooking recipes, recipes, health and fitness tips to exclude from recipe tubular! Meals in Albania from recipe minced beef and/or lamb and are similar to pizza wedges ) just n't. Wrap around the outside of the growers, 31 % carbs, 13 protein. Following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered before. I threw an egg in the center a thin pastry dough are popular southeastern!

bosnian burek calories 2021