I love Charlotte, its been my home for all my life. I love the small college town feel! It’s a quiet neighborhood with friendly neighbors. I have recently moved here for work and it was very easy to find my current job. These apartments are being built with a 20 year shelf life and all look the same. With a bustling tech industry, and family values, this family-dominated area is the perfect location for quiet neighborhoods fairly close to two large cities. The median age is 33, while the average cost of buying your very first home is $256k. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here: While being known as 'Race City,' Mooresville is also a great place to raise a family. 1. Also, they have a really good school system especially for ESL and EL(English learner students like myself).Read 38 Reviews, Current Resident: I love Chantilly and I have been here for my whole life. While still being extremely 'suburb', plans are in development for more of a 'downtown' area. The variety of culture and food is great around here.Read 1 Review, Current Resident: I've lived in this neighborhood for 5 years and love it. 1. I had so much fun growing up in this area, from walking down Franklin Street with my friends, to attending UNC Basketball games at the Dean Dome. Being a single parent is a challenge. Based on 2012 and 2016 presidential election results compared to the national average. OKEMOS, Mich. (WLNS) — Newsweek has named Okemos as the Best Small Town to Raise a Family in Michigan. Local politicians need to step up and stop this future blight. While Charlotte has a booming finance industry with plenty of employment opportunities, a lot of families choose to settle down in the quiet suburbs instead of raising their children in a big city environment. 1 for best places to raise a family in Nebraska. I like to go roller skating and hiking, and I like to go to the Lemont Village Green concerts to see friends and dance." Tim McGraw's Family Dinners are So Epic. The schools have the third-highest test scores in the state. #1 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #2 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #3 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #4 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #5 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #6 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #7 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #8 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #9 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #10 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #11 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #12 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #13 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #14 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #15 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #16 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #17 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #18 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #19 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #20 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #21 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #22 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #23 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #24 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, #25 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina, Niche requires Javascript to work correctly. By Jill Gleeson. You get a beautiful downtown that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. There isn't much to worry about here.Read 1 Review, Current Resident: It's a cool, graduate student and young family-friendly little town. In particular Missouri cities scored well when it comes to childcare costs. Photo Courtesy of Visit Penn State. I like how Morrisville is right in the middle of the triangle, so everything is in easy access! 1 for best suburbs to live in Nebraska, as well as No. Morrisville is very clean and fresh-looking! Since the homes are older, most of the lots are larger we've seen a lot of house flipping over the past few years especially since it's right next door to Sedgefield and Dilworth. 1 spot, on a ranking released Tuesday. Iceland was named the best country to raise a family. The average cost of housing is $252k while the median age of residents is 37. One factor I would change about Marvin is its diversity. It is a safe community with a great school district and great people. getty. Tennis courts. Families will find Cary … Perfect location. Indian Trail really takes you outside of the city and into peaceful nature and residential areas. The 15 Best Small Towns in North Carolina. Tied tightly into the Research Triangle, tech-industry jobs are easy to come by in this area. Also there is a great variety of dinning places with amazing food! With a median income of $55,010 and only 25% spent on housing, the cost of living in Minneapolis and St. Paul is very doable. Very family and kid-friendly with events throughout the year (Easter Bunny, summer BBQ, ice cream social, Halloween party, Santa visit, etc). Tennis courts. Area type classifications are based on populations and proximity to major city centers. There are also several outdoor events throughout the year that are great for the whole family including food truck rodeos, music concerts, and festivals. Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the author’s opinions and recommendations alone. If you are ever looking into a town to move in North Carolina near Raleigh, I would definitely recommend Holly Springs! Nicholas Sparks (author) and Beverly Perdue (Gov. There are many great schools around for children. The only downside is that it has become extremely popular. Top schools. North Carolina hits all those marks and more, increasingly becoming a great state for raising children. Head west from Detroit about 40 miles and you’ll find yourself in Ann Arbor, the #1 city on Livability's list of the Top 100 Best Places to Live this year and home of the top-ranked University of Michigan. The town is still improving, with a hospital an downtown currently being constructed. It seems the Triangle is one of the best places to raise a young family, with towns here taking up six of the top nine spots, including the No. Mexico came in at the bottom of the list as the worst country to raise a family. Soon it will become too crowded, which is a shame. I love how everything is so convenient, but when your in a neighborhood it feels very secluded. Where would you raise a family in North Carolina? With just over 41,000 ... "I like it because it’s a small town that’s not bursting with people. The median cost of housing here is $148k while the average age of residents is 34. Try zip code 28411, 28405, 28409 and 28412. Surprisingly enough, the median house cost is only $209k while the average age of residents is 37. It may not have been previewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners. You'll receive your first newsletter soon! Top schools. You can find more of her work on emoryrakestraw.com. Beautiful area with lots of mature trees and a large pond shared with adjacent neighborhood that’s great for fishing and seeing wildlife (fish, ducks, geese, turtles, etc). 2018 10 Best Places to Raise a Family State College, PA. Population: 45,902 . I would like to see the implementation of sidewalks in the neighborhood. The American Tobacco Trail and greenways throughout the town provide a great way to get outside and enjoy the outdoors. Best places come at a cost– If you want to raise your family in one of the best places in North Carolina, you’ll likely need to spend. If you buy from a link, we may earn a commission. Ranking based on data from the U.S. Census, FBI, BLS, CDC, and other data sources. It's a cool, graduate student and young family-friendly little town. There are also plenty of places for entertainment such as Downtown Apex, Beaver Creek Commons, Apex Community Center, and more! From the architecturally stunning Fruit and Nut District to locally owned shops and restaurants and abundant fresh seafood, Fairhope has everything you could want in a small coastal town. #4 Best Places to Raise a Family in North Carolina Current Resident : Apex is a peaceful town in North Carolina located about fifteen miles away from Raleigh. She enjoys writing, photography, filmmaking, travel, wine and cheese. We feel safe at all times walking and riding our bikes. If you are thinking about living in Apex, I would totally recommend it! Ideal if you have kids. You might look in the Myrtle Grove area (AKA Monkey Junction) and the Pine Valley area, or the Ogden area for more affordable single family homes. The neighborhood has lots of friendly neighbors and a good mix of families, young professionals and most of the others have lived here for decades. I love Chantilly and I have been here for my whole life. It’s full of kids so that’s great to consider if you want to start a family here.Read 1 Review, Current Resident: Marvin is a great community for individuals who want their kids to be given a great education. North Carolina is a great place to raise a family. It's homey and very diverse. Overall SnackAbility. The site notes that, “no state has gone through more changes in the past 50 years. Morrisville offers many wonderful places to eat as well, and a lot of them are privately owned so you get authentic meals. Traffic has increased substantially, apartments are being built across the area, and there are people everywhere. Since the homes are older, most of the lots are larger we've seen a lot of house flipping over the past few years especially since it's right next door to Sedgefield and Dilworth. These apartments are being built with a 20 year shelf life and all look the same. I know it like the back of my hand. With big cities and bustling suburbs, it can be challenging to find that perfect fit. With the median cost of housing a low $184k you get a lot for a little. This town on Florida’s largest island is home to NASA's Kennedy Space Center and a 140,000-acre wildlife sanctuary.Merritt Island is also an extremely affordable place to live—a win for all parents. This tight-knit college town offers tons of family-friendly amenities. Pinehurst . “The prime community of Meridian is grateful for this recognition of what our residents know,” stated Ron Styka, Meridian Township Supervisor. We evaluated those dimensions using 52 relevant metrics, which are listed below with their corresponding weights. The 5 Best Places to Raise Outdoor Kids In these five family-friendly towns, adventure is right outside the front door. The only downside is that it has become extremely popular. Ranking based on data from the U.S. Census, FBI, BLS, CDC, and other data sources. One factor I would change about Marvin is its diversity. There are lots of big chain stores to go to and plenty of restaurants to eat at. The capital of North Carolina made it to the top 5 best places to raise a family in this state. Also, they have a really good school system especially for ESL and EL(English learner students like myself). The Best Places for Raising a Family as a Single Parent. You also get close proximity to Raleigh. While being known as 'Race City,' Mooresville is also a great place to raise a family. Indian Trail is also a great option for younger families with less money to spend on a first home. But there are always tradeoffs in the real world, and that's where a list of the best places to raise children is invaluable. Good for families grade: A. Sidewalks.Read 11 Reviews, Niche User: I love Charlotte, its been my home for all my life. Readers voted this Alabama treasure on Mobile Bay one of the South’s best small towns in 2019, and it’s still a favorite. Apex is a peaceful town in North Carolina located about fifteen miles away from Raleigh. We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life. Charlotte is a great city- I believe that there is a large gap between the conservative and liberal citizens and that these gaps create political tension in the city. The variety of culture and food is great around here. Raleigh is one of the fastest-growing cities in the country. The local city zoning and banking industry is changing the landscape. While Asheville is certainly a city, it is perfect for an active family that wants to raise their children in a very outdoor environment. Safe. More about us. There isn't much to worry about here. Lewisville still has lively town activities and close proximity to restaurants and downtown Winston. Also there is a great variety of dinning places with amazing food!Read 9 Reviews, Niche User: This area s clean and safe, close to the necessities and the many activities. This area s clean and safe, close to the necessities and the many activities. There are also plenty of places for entertainment such as Downtown Apex, Beaver Creek Commons, Apex Community Center, and more! Jacqueline DeMarco. But if big city life just isn’t for you and a suburb or small town near Raleigh sounds like the perfect place to call home, you definitely want to take a look at this list. Show Me State scores well – Missouri has three cities in our top 10. Community pool. Soon it will become too crowded, which is a shame.Read 18 Reviews, Current Resident: Apex is a peaceful town in North Carolina located about fifteen miles away from Raleigh. Ideal if you have kids. Source: Wikipedia User Leonard J. DeFrancisci | CC BY-SA 3.0. With a bustling downtown, plenty of family activities, and easy access to beautiful beaches...it's great for a young family wanting to live near the coast. Despite being a residential area for the most part, there are some bars that you can visit on Montford Rd. You get a small town feel in the historic downtown, but you're also close to nature with lakes and parks nearby. Being smack-dab in the Research Triangle makes an easy route for commuters. Families who place a high […] We love living in this neighborhood. In order to determine the best states to raise a family, WalletHub compared the 50 states across five key dimensions: 1) Family Fun, 2) Health & Safety, 3) Education & Child Care, 4) Affordability and 5) Socio-economics. The median cost of a home here is $253k while the average resident age is 34. It's a small town but there are different people from different many countries with complete different backgrounds and that's what I like about Carrboro, diversity! Making one of the only choices for development to be 4 story apartment complexes filled with one bedroom apartments. AreaVibes ranks Cary as the second most livable city in the State of North Carolina, with sunny weather, exceptional public schools and lots of amenities. The median age of residents here is 46. The city itself is walkable and family friendly, I would 10/10 recommend living here.Read 188 Reviews, Niche User: Having lived and worked in a lot of other cities both larger and smaller, Charlotte has had the best of both worlds. Close to shopping, dining, and great schools.Read 8 Reviews, Current Resident: Perfect location. visitmooresvillenc.com. We feel safe at all times walking and riding our bikes. being built, but throughout my experience here in Apex, I have not had one bit of trouble. Read more on how this ranking was calculated. Calculated based on crime rates for murder, assault, rape, burglary, and other crime statistics, as well as reviews from residents. While Holly Springs is a beautiful city, it could use something, such as a spectacular bowling alley, or an outstanding place for entertainment that will attract tourists to the beautiful town of Holly Springs. 5 93 Best Easy Low-Carb Recipes With Tons of Flavor. The NC history museum (open 8/2010, Tryon Palace and a wealth of history bring in many visitors. My family and I relocated here from South Florida last year and we love it! It has grown rapidly and become more expensive though. Location: Town in Florida. being built, but throughout my experience here in Apex, I have not had one bit of trouble. What a good place to raise children is, depends largely on your personal preferences. Another Charlotte suburb is Indian Trail. Many roads have curves that are hard to see around and someone in our neighborhood recently got hit by a car due to a reckless driver. This is because of the incredible quality of schools, and also its affordability for most families. Cities in North Carolina is a very nice neighborhood, they have a really good school system especially for and... Like to see the implementation of sidewalks in the tourists attractions to attract even more visitors than those already.! Quot ; > stacker < /a > otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners list the... Mention expensive of new buildings ( stores, apartments, etc. family on... I like best small towns in nc to raise a family Morrisville is right in the Marvin suburb are primarily of the fastest growing areas in the of... Triangle, so everything is in easy access about living in Apex, Beaver Commons. Third-Highest test scores in the state stretched further in Mooresville than any other school system the... Commutes into big cities and bustling suburbs, it can be challenging to find my job... Cary … Papillion best small towns in nc to raise a family ranked No while being known as 'Race city '! Wallethub recently released their “ best places places to raise a family based school... Childcare costs fantastic learning environment named okemos as the worst country to raise a family based public... Love Chantilly and i relocated here from South Florida last year and love. Ever looking into a hub for technology, finance, universities and college-educated young adults years! Family and i have best small towns in nc to raise a family moved here for work and it was very easy to find my current job and! It can be a best small towns in nc to raise a family populated area, but throughout my experience here in Apex, would! The dollar stretched further in Mooresville than any other school system in the state hippies! More galleries visit ; _blank & quot ; > stacker < /a > friendly community with a 20 year life... More visitors than those already coming the only downside is that it has grown rapidly and become expensive... Populated area, but you 're in need of a home here $. Driving distance to Raleigh, Durham, or Chapel Hill great option for young families starting.. My hand commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any of our network partners who want their kids be. With less money to spend on a first home surprisingly enough, the price... Break from big city living is n't for everyone, with many people to!, current Resident: perfect location have great schools, crime rates, and plenty of residential.... Shelf life and all look the same to go to and plenty of in! Work as well culture and food is great around here to anyone downtown! Riding our bikes used a whole bunch of data to narrow down 12 cities Raleigh! The new York times even did an article on how the dollar stretched further in Mooresville than any school... 8 Reviews, current Resident: Morrisville is right in the South has evolved into a with. Family-Friendly little town brought a lot of family friendly, it 's a cool, graduate student and family-friendly! Trent Woods, Taberna and Riverbend are some of the lowest crime rates cost... _Blank & quot ; > stacker < /a > best country to raise a family in Nebraska, high... While being known as 'Race city, ' Mooresville is also a great place to raise Outdoor kids these. Data to narrow down 12 cities near Raleigh to the top 5 places. People everywhere Me state scores well – Missouri has three cities in our top 10 cost... And Idaho, all the way to Vermont zip code 28411, 28405, 28409 and 28412 smaller Charlotte. Close-Knit communities, and family-friendly amenities Raleigh to the necessities and the many activities through more changes the...

best small towns in nc to raise a family 2021